Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

Article about: by lach470 For me - it's the general construction of the buckle. The tips of the prongs look like the repro prongs. I don't think the RZM markings should be there (could be wrong on that one

Default Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

just likt to know is my Belt buckle a real one or a fake, got it 1 year ago as a birthday present from my wife, she got it as a field dug, after cleaning with oxalic acid came out this beauty and i wear it since them
    thanks for helping
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle   Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle  

Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle   Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle  

Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

This buckle is a fake!

The original pieces are not die stamped but made from two pieces.

Regards,
    Guido

Quote by Guido View Post
    This buckle is a fake!

The original pieces are not die stamped but made from two pieces.

Regards,
    Guido
    i found in a book 4 versions of it include one like this stamped as well

book was called
    Third Reich Belt Buckles - An Illustrated Handbook
    when i remember right

?

First one I have seen with the markings. You can find cases of these at the SOS and the Max $10 each or 3 for $25.

someone whit more knowleg about this typ of buckle, or can mybe someone post a real on to compare

Quote by kirby View Post
    First one I have seen with the markings. You can find cases of these at the SOS and the Max $10 each or 3 for $25.
    i just found buckles whitout the ges ge... stamp as fakes for sale as well, i dont mind if it is a fake then it fits on my pants and look nice, but now i wanna know real or not

I don't have one to show for the sake of comparison - but I agree with what has been said: the buckle shown is a reproduction.

Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I don't have one to show for the sake of comparison - but I agree with what has been said: the buckle shown is a reproduction.

Rob
    ok but what is wrong, please let me know, i know not all written in books is real, but in one book i found a stamped one like mine, thats why im still asking, it dose not mean that i dont appreciate all your oppinions but i like to know a bit more about this type of buckle

For me - it's the general construction of the buckle. The tips of the prongs look like the repro prongs. I don't think the RZM markings should be there (could be wrong on that one though) and the Ges.Gesch don't look right either.
    The biggest giveaway is that originals have a seperate roundel that is affixed to the box - they are not "stamped" like this example as Guido has mentioned. I thought I had seen originals that were stamped....but I'm not so sure now...

Hope that helps. Nothing wrong with wanting to wear it though - and it's the thought that counts in regards to getting such a nice gift.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast