Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Rogues Gallery

Article about: Well done Ben, great gallery to learn from it should help a lot of us. Dave.

Default Re: Rogues Gallery

Another fake NSBO with a convincing roundel and set of solder points and the odd feature of an upside-down roundel/left handed orientation. This buckle is given away by an artificially aged box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rogues Gallery   Rogues Gallery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rogues Gallery
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rouges Gallery

LUFTSHUTZ RLB BELT BUCKLE reproduction made by steel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rogues Gallery   Rogues Gallery  

Rogues Gallery  

NSDStB Studenten-Bund Replica

Rogues Gallery  

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but how is the belt attached to the buckle ?
    It appears it must be a hook of some sort. Does anyone have a picture ?
    Also I wonder why the other end of the belt over the prongs seems to be stitched in the photos shown.
    Just seems a little strange to me, as there is no room for minor adjustment other than the ( hooked ?) end.
    Just wondering.

Another member told me this was fake so i'll add it to the many others.

Rogues Gallery   Rogues Gallery  

Rogues Gallery  

Hello All,

Here is an odd one I saw today...a fake I have cannot recall seeing before. Note the prongs and also the SS runes in diamond

Default Re: Two More - "Totenkopf" and "DJ".

Quote by David North View Post
    even though I knew it was fake I paid a guy $5.00 for a fake aluminum dj buckle just like this one, but it had the metal strap deal like the one in the next post #114 the same rzm 34/2 & all, but the guy really looked like he could use a burger, or something. I just hope he didn't just go buy a couple of beers instead. I guess it was just my good deed for the day. I keep it laying around to see how many people actually think it's real. well I was hoping the pic's came up, but you guy's know it's the one on the bottom. post # 113

?

Default RLB Fake Buckle

Fake RLB (Reichsluftschutzbund) Buckle. Apparently these buckles were never made as a one piece item, only in two piece format.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rogues Gallery  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rogues Gallery 

Fascinating stuff....I bow to your superior knowledge. One thing worries me though. Who SAYS that, for example, a buckle of a particular type was never made in steel, or in one piece etc. Wartime Germany was a nad house and there were MANY expedients put into place and many factories just churned out what they could to keep up with the demand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being critical here, just advising caution when listening to the " experts ". No cynicism intended by the quotation marks.... There are just so many experts out there who have a little knowledge but have convinced themselves that they have a lot. It happens in all fields, believe me. I have little knowledge on this subject..I have found a few Wehrmacht buckles in the fields here and they Must be real. Fascinating post. Keep up the good work

Steel Reichsbahn buckle....

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Rogues Gallery  Rogues Gallery 

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast