Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Seeking a bit of help from fellow American collectors

Article about: Hello everyone, I know this might be asking a lot, but I'd like to seek the help of someone with a copy of the 2001 revised edition of Angolia's 'Belt Buckles and Brocades of the Third Reich

Quote by Anon View Post
    Do you also double as his arse Ned?
    Like two balls of steel wrapped in a silk handkerchief Grandad.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking a bit of help from fellow American collectors
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Some very good points made chaps, I couldn't do without my reference books and agree with those here who say that they're an essential part of the hobby, giving information that is often hard to find on many forums, especially due to having to go wading through a lot of chaff before getting to the wheat, as they say.

Here's a few of mine that are on my desk at any one time, they each cost as much as a genuine award, badge or medal at least, but when you avoid buying just a SINGLE fake thanks to the information therein, then it's paid for itself, all the rest is gravy. The forums are an excellent learning tool, but in my opinion that needs to be backed up by reference books and (wherever possible) hands on experience, knowing the feel, weight and yes, even the noise when tapped with something metallic, is priceless. It all helps get the experience required to be sure in yourself, for when the time comes that you can't easily ask some guys on a forum and have to rely on knowledge gleaned from other sources.

Money spent on reference books has always proved to me to be money best spent, and I sincerely hope that the day never comes when the authors of these priceless tomes feel that it is no longer worth the effort to continue writing and publishing them.

Regards, Ned.
    Those sorts of reference books simply do not exist for buckles at the moment. Then again, it's probably necessary to have very detailed books for medals and war badges, as some of the fakes are much better than almost any fake buckle. That will change over time, of course.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5