Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sos 2013

Article about: Hello. I have been at the SOS for the last three day. I found some good stuff but there was a lack of rare buckles. The only really super rare buckle I came across was a gold finished SS lea

?

Default Sos 2013

Hello. I have been at the SOS for the last three day. I found some good stuff but there was a lack of rare buckles. The only really super rare buckle I came across was a gold finished SS leaders. It was at Gottlieb's table but everyone was tied up I didn't get a hands on. It looked like it was zinc and the finish was coming off the catch.

With almost 2000 tables there was a couple of thousand buckles to choose from but mostly common stuff. No Postschutz, no nice Kriegsmarine, not a single right facing Heer or any early nickel Heer. I was thirty seconds late and watched a guy buy a mint pebbled Heer for $175.

I was looking to add a few SS buckles to add to my collection. I must have looked at 40-50 SS EM buckles. Lots of fakes and most of the originals were late war unmarked Overhoff and a few RZM 155/40. There were two real nice 155/43 with 90+ % of their paint. The Veterans Footlocker had one for $800 and it was still the on Saturday. I did find a very rare RZM 36/43 SS that I bought. Only 4-5 nickel SS EM buckle and the were all the O&C Ges gesch the most common nickel SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos 2013
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sos 2013

Did you take any pictures Kirby?
    Ben

Yes pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I wish I had taken a picture of the gold SS leaders. There are usually a lot of photos on WAF.

I would love to go one year but an expensive trip lol
    Ben