Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS belt ID

Article about: I am seeking opinions on this belt. is it genuine SS issue? Hope these pictures are good enough for an ID. thanks.

?

Default SS belt ID

hi all, Could i get some opinions on this belt please? is it genuine article and SS issue as indicated? (Hope the pictures are good enough for an ID).

thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS belt ID   SS belt ID  

SS belt ID  
    Last edited by Liam; 11-13-2017 at 07:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS belt ID
    P
    Many

?

It is just a late war belt with the holes punched through the leather instead of having an adjustment strap. These might be RBN marked or it might have a size marking but hand written SS or a name doesn't really add anything to the belt.

plus as Kirby has already stated, it is missing it's leather tongue, so the belt itself is not that desirable or worth a great deal

?

I can’t see the photo on my phone but the belt was made without an adjustment strap. You see this a lot on late war belts.

?

Yes,as Kirby states mid to late war belts were issued without adjustment straps. The Reich in decline budgeted on most field gear. Also, named items in my opinion always add value and interest and being SS issue would no doubt increase value. However, my main concern was that it is a genuine belt. Thanks.

Genuine late war leather belt, these never had the leather tongues inside. To call it a SS belt it really needs the SS markings, these tended to be the earlier belts with the tongues as later in the war markings were not really adopted as they wanted the quantity out rather than the quality.
    Ben