Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Strafbatailione Koppelschloss

Article about: Guido, many thanks mate, I think a photo like has been needed to be shown on forums for a while, any idea from the uniform of a date? Mit freundlich grusse Ben

Default Re: Strafbatailione Koppelschloss

Guido, many thanks mate, I think a photo like has been needed to be shown on forums for a while, any idea from the uniform of a date?

Mit freundlich grusse

Ben
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strafbatailione Koppelschloss
    P
    Many

?

Not 100% sure Ben, but I would say the Feuerwehrmann is early post war - 50ies or so!

Best,
    Guido

Again Guido many thanks my friend
    Ben

Very cool picture....that is the first time I see a period picture of this buckle in wear!
    AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing that pic with us!

Rob

?

Guido,
    Nice picture - late forties, early fifties Fireman ?. I've found a wartime picture a soldier in a strafbailione in Africa with 999 Afrika leichte Div, he's seen wearing belt and buckle. Also a picture of some text from "Afrikakorps" Tropical Uniforms of German Army 1940 - 1945 by Scipion & Bastien - page 58 deals with the uniform of penal battalions I've red stared the sentence giving the buckle description. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strafbatailione Koppelschloss   Strafbatailione Koppelschloss  

Hi Alex, sadly the guy you show is a Frenchman and it is a modern reconstruction photo taken from a book. (I have it) I have met several of the lads in the photos when I visited the South of France.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Oh Well that's gone down - anything on the book text, Ben was saying he not come across anything written in reference books? maybe now ?

It's still a nice buckle to own if it wasn't too expensive!...

?

Quote by AlecH View Post

I've found a wartime picture a soldier in a strafbailione in Africa with 999 Afrika ....

What do you think?
    "3 mal kurz gelacht" as we Germans say!

I think Alec, you should check your sources before posting here.

Best,
    Guido

?

Any thoughts on the reference book Guido ? good source or fantasy publication ? You can read the write up yourself, title is there, authors are there, even the page number is there. Your comments are welcome, oh course without any rancour.
    Best Wishes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast