Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?

Article about: Hello Everyone, What do members think of this Studentbund Buckle. Its the first one I've seen, makes it difficult for me to form a judgment. There's no makers mark What do members think, a o

?

Default Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?

Hello Everyone,
    What do members think of this Studentbund Buckle. Its the first one I've seen, makes it difficult for me to form a judgment. There's no makers mark What do members think, a original piece ? Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?  Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?  Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Studentbund Koppelschloss - Original?

Hello Alec

Sorry to say that your NS-Studentenbund is a fake. Originals are die stamped white aluminium with a lacquered obverse, although there are fake "cast" alloy examples around. To my knowledge, the originals are by one maker with 2 minor variations to the often superbly detailed obverse design.

If you undertake a forum search, you will find for comparison, some fine original examples that have previously been posted.

Regards,

David

Alec, just to add they were never made in steel
    Ben

Default NS-St.B

Alec

Images of the two known variations (same maker) and as Ben has confirmed, die stamped in aluminium.

Regards,

David

?

Hi David,Ben,
    Thanks for the posts and the pictures. I did look through the buckle database, couldn't find any matches, but the pictures you posted had more than enough information on them. The snippets of information are very useful, especially the fact there was only one maker with only two variants, which shown here along side each other makes it easier to see immediately some the differences, eagles head, makers mark stamp just to start with and both are made from aluminum. After reading your posts, I did look through a number of military forums and dealers sites hoping to come across genuine student buckles on offer. I didn't see any, what price would I be looking at to buy a real piece. The one I showed, sold for 72 euro. Probably the new owner is happy at the moment, but for how long?. Again, thanks for the information, found the thread very informative.
    Regards
    Alec