Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swastika buckle

Article about: Here is an interesting buckle from a friends collection. I would love to own this one. I think this might have been a Reicheer buckle and it had the swastika roundel added.

?

Default Swastika buckle

Here is an interesting buckle from a friends collection. I would love to own this one. I think this might have been a Reicheer buckle and it had the swastika roundel added.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika buckle   Swastika buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Swastika buckle

Those two blobs of what appears to be weld are a bit of a concern I feel.Looks like a poor TIG job.
    The front section should be tabbed onto the rear not welded or soldered.But I have been wrong before.

All the best
    Dave

?

A four tab buckle is a different type of construction. This is what is called a two price construction. It is very common with SA NSKK Reicheer and others.

The information on this style of Buckle can be found at the link below, the only problem I have with the one above is that the buckle has a pebbled face unlike the flat smooth others. Possibly someone could have taken the disk and put it on a Heer buckle backing ?.
    Morris

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...uckle-13110-4/

Thanks for the link Morris.
    I think I've picked up just enough knowledge re construction/makers etc to get myself into strife lately.
    Much to be learnt.

Cheers and all the best
    Dave

?

The pebbled field is what I like about the buckle. As I said I think the buckle might have been a Reicheer buckle and the roundel was replaced with the swastika roundel. I don't own this buckle but I think it is an interesting buckle I would like to own.

Dave, we are learners and the quest for knowledge on any topic is a life long goal.
    Morris

Hello,

an intrteresting buckle !

Here is my with same roundel but with brass over steel case ,

looks like a Overhoff :

Swastika buckleSwastika buckle
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

I am sure that I am far behind the game with this, but I wonder if anyone can offer an explanation for what seems to me to be an interesting detail of this buckle? I note that one half of the wreath around the swastika is of laurel leaves, the other of oak leaves. I notice on Third Reich Heer buckles the sprays of leaves are of oak leaves, whereas Imperial buckles feature the laurels. I’m no expert on this aspect of iconography but would associate the oak with northern European imagery, whilst the laurels suggest classical Rome and Greece.

Two nice buckles there chaps, additions to enhance anyones collection I am with Markus on your buckle as to Overhoff being the maker
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast