Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Buckle

Article about: Found this great buckle at the SOS. Must be a early party or SA. Looks great in hand with great patina. I should have kept it but I let my buddy Garry have it .

?

Default Swastika Buckle

Found this great buckle at the SOS. Must be a early party or SA. Looks great in hand with great patina. I should have kept it but I let my buddy Garry have it .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Buckle   Swastika Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Buckle
    P
    Many

?

He found the buckle. I don't recall ever seeing one like it. Must have been used on a cloth belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Buckle   Swastika Buckle  

The Swaz buckle looks strange, don't recall ever seeing one with a prong sleeve? Hopefully David will chime is as he has owned some of these I have never had one
    Ben

I have seen a few originals, but cannot remember how the reverse should look like.
    My friend mr. Jürgen Bandau also had one, but looks different from the one shown
    (see his book page 71). They were anyway worn in the early days (mid 1920's).
    This is proven by photographs!

I saw various of this buckle in the early 1970's in antigue shops at Antwerp. Had
    then no idea if they were okay! I did not buy then, as I was aware of the many
    buckle fakes around! And for those days the buckle was quite expensive (however
    not to compare with the today's prices).

There is this one also has a prong sleeve

Early buckle.

- - ------- - -

And this one

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german-belt-buckles-brocades-straps-1900-1945/unidentified-large-swastika-buckle-13110-2/
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ...hopefully David will chime is as he has owned some of these...
    In my opinion, these full face swastika and so called "Kampfzeit" buckles on many occasions are impossible to distinguish as either period or fake. Bear in mind that for an original, the swastika emblem was home crafted and then applied to a cannibalised Imperial or early Weimar box. Not exactly a difficult method of fabrication to replicate. In relation to the buckle which started this thread, I do so like the swastika which of course is not a full face design. Having said that, not at all enthusiastic about the feature of a silver soldered swastika to a brass box, the latter which still has two reverse solder spots fully intact. You pay your money and you take your choice, however the buckle that started this thread would not be for me. Only a subjective opinion as per the opening of my response, having handled quite a few of these buckles over the years and still, holding some in my collection.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Great buckle to collection! Personally, I love handmade relics that tell a history