Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these Totenkopf buckles pure fantasy?

Article about: Do these have any basis in reality? From what I 've learned over time, I think the answer is no, but a definitive answer from the experts can make this thread useful for people seeing these

Default Are these Totenkopf buckles pure fantasy?

Do these have any basis in reality? From what I 've learned over time, I think the answer is no, but a definitive answer from the experts can make this thread useful for people seeing these for sale, like this one.

Are these Totenkopf buckles pure fantasy?

Complete Belt and Buckle Elite WW2 German 125 cm with Marking | eBay

IMO, the belt doesn't look much better than the buckle (or maybe just postwar). It's sad to see all of this dreck fake junk coming out of places like France and Germany... This particular seller has stacks of helmets, hard to tell if he has anything real but when the seller [apparently] can't tell real from fake, you have to assume that he either doesn't know better or is simply a crook.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Totenkopf buckles pure fantasy?
    P
    Many

?

Pics not the greatest on the link but the belt looks OK. The buckle is junk.

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned the belt, it is inconsequential to this thread. I've notified this seller months ago that some of his items, like this one, are pure fake. Doesn't stop him from posting more...

Total fantasy item from eastern Europe!...

These Fantasy Buckles have been around for years, especially on Ebay...They're favored by Neo-Nazis in Europe as they don't have a Swastika...
    cheers, Glenn

As has been said above, a complete fantasy piece.

The wreath and motto are inspired by the buckles worn by the Prussian Army / Reichswehr / Wehrmacht (although they featured capital letters with serifs rather than Gothic script) and the Death's Head is of the design as worn on SS headgear.

Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Never Was
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

never will be.

In a way it's too bad they didn't use this buckle design, it is not horrible. There is another seller on eBay.de who sells hat after hat that's no good. I have a feeling this seller in France and the other in Deutschland are just conduit for a vaster network of fakes, using those locales to make the items seem genuine. The sad things the items sell...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast