Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Identifying an "Interesting" Buckle

Article about: David, I have no really good idea, if your buckle is a usual DLV/ RLB/ early Luftwaffe buckle or not. Just want to express that I like the eagles head wich is so distinct and a feast for the

Default Thoughts on Identifying an "Interesting" Buckle

I wonder if any forum member has thoughts about this quite interesting (potentially interesting) buckle?

A casual glance would suggest DLV, although has anyone every seen such a design of eagle and furthermore, to include the eagles head which is clearly looking upward?

Is it DLV or could it have been manufactured and used by another organisation?

Following a conversation with an advanced collector and researcher who is a forum member, a few tentative alternative ideas have been suggested.

Any comments would be greatly welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Identifying an "Interesting" Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts on Identifying an "Interesting" Buckle

What an interesting adler! I would also imagine DLV - perhaps the eagle is the result of a small "cottage industry" company making this buckle (hence the variant eagle head)?
    I've never seen an eagle like this on these buckles. Very cool indeed.
    Rob

Thankyou for your comments Rob and I do so agree - what an interesting eagle, the head in particular.

I accept that this buckle may be no more than a variant DLV, although I do not think that it is the product of a "cottage industry" type of manufacturer.

Here is another interesting observation.

Attached is a DLV in my collection, which is no more than one of the many DLV buckles that we all know.

In comparison there are many obvious differences between the buckle, however take a look at the confirmed DLV's eagle. A totally different head and wing profile, however how similar is the wreath and swastika, the eagles legs, parts of the eagles breast and covert feathers to the "other" buckle.

It is as though the makers of the recognised DLV have used aspects of their design to manufacture the "other" buckle. Having said all that, it is questionable as to whether the two buckles share a common manufacturer.

Regards,

David

David,

This eagle looks very close to the ones seen on the Diplomatic/Gov't Official officers buckles. Can't see how that could be on an EM buckle but maybe the company that produced the GO and DO buckles made a mistake and used the wrong die to produce this one. In any event a most interesting buckle. Would love to hear more comments.

Regards,

Bill

Default DLV or not DLV ?

Hello Bill

In simpatico !

I wonder if there is lurking out there, any reference to a Diplomatic, Foreign Office, Government Officials, et al - "Kasten" Koppelschloss (box buckle) ?

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast