Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)

Article about: Hi Ben, Yes, agreed, I realise the importance of looking at the back. Thanks for the images. I was also thinking from a display/reenactment point of view, where one only sees the front. Repr

Default Re: Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)

Hi Ben,
    Yes, agreed, I realise the importance of looking at the back. Thanks for the images.
    I was also thinking from a display/reenactment point of view, where one only sees the front. Repro buckles for reenactment, which have far less frontal detail than this fake Luft one, cost roughly the same as what I paid for this one - so I'll keep it!

I also have a couple of original 'relic' WWII Heer buckles. Personally, I prefer things that have been used rather than mint ones that have seen no action. They're useful in telling the stories of wartime...

May I ask you about your own collection & expertise. How many buckles do you have (TR only?), and for how long have you collected them? And do you have examples from each maker?

Thanks again and best wishes,
    J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)
    P
    Many

J I have been collecting buckles for 10 years, during that time lots of buckles and makers have passed through my hands lol, when I first started collecting I used to collect all types of buckles, then I sold them and concentrated on Heer buckles, then I sold all them to finish paying for my house renovation when I left the military and I am now back on all buckles again, so there you go look through the M4 makers list and the Non M4 makers list, most of the were mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)   Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 09-04-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    Ben

A very impressive collection!
    It's such a shame that things like renovations and mortgages get in the way and require fund diversions!
    I will certainly do some more research now and will keep my eye out...
    Thanks VERY much for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2