Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)

Article about: Hi Ben, Yes, agreed, I realise the importance of looking at the back. Thanks for the images. I was also thinking from a display/reenactment point of view, where one only sees the front. Repr

Default Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)

Hi,
    I have here some photos of a trio of 'used' buckles:

1. SA, very worn, unmarked.
    2. Heer, aluminium, marked RS & S, some green paint remaining - but is the head too pigeon-like?
    3. Luftwaffe, steel, some paint remaining.

I like 2 out of 3 of these buckles, and the other (Heer one) I'm really not sure about

So, is it a or a ??

Cheers eveyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)   Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)   Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)

The Heer is original by Richard Seiper & Sohne Ludensheid, the SA is original but worn, sorry cannot help you with the maker and the Luftewaffe I do not like
    Ben

I think all 3 are ok.

?

The Luftwaffe Buckle is Fake

SA & Wh

Hello, thanks for the comments.
    What specifically makes the Luftwaffe one a repro?

Quote by Yellow3 View Post
    Detail to the rear, OLT prongs, the catch looks like s post war Bundewehr catch
    Ben

?

Quote by Yellow3 View Post
    Prongs , catch, ears, box, all bogus!!

This is the rear of a OLT SS fake buckle, so called as the maker of these was a English man named Tony Oliver, look at the cut of the prongs, thats where the term OLT prongs comes from. Only one maker did prongs like this which was genuine was Berge & Nolte but your is no Berge & Nolte. hope this helps?
    Attached Images Attached Images Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe) 
    Ben

Hi Ben,
    I see what you mean about the prong cut. I should have spotted that. I also saw your comment on another thread: "the famous OLT prongs that were put on alot of fake SS buckles however Berge & Nolte buckle prongs look like the OLT prongs!" (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-buckle-20201/). So is it true that this type of prongs did exist during wartime but were only used by certain makers, or just that one maker (B&N)? And did B&N always mark their buckles?

Would you agree that it seems to be a fairly good repro apart from the points you've raised, i.e. from the front (I see that one respondant to this thread thought it was OK)? Must have been a fair bit of work with not much profit in it to make it as a fake for the small price I paid!?

Cheers, J.

- - Updated - -

Bit of overlap here, sorry, hadn't seen your last post while I was writing! Still, surely only worth making these if you sell them as high priced fake 'originals'

To be honest the buckle is not really a good fake and you should never judge any buckle from just the front, the rear always gives the detail here for example is a Berge & Nolte buckle with the OLT type prongs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)   Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)   Three worn buckles (SA, Heer, Luftwaffe)  

Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast