MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.

Article about: Hi, i was wondering if someone can tell me a little about this belt buckle? I used to buy the odd WW2 medal years ago but i stopped but when i saw this recently I had to have it. It comes in

?

Default U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.

Hi, i was wondering if someone can tell me a little about this belt buckle?
    I used to buy the odd WW2 medal years ago but i stopped but when i saw this recently I had to have it.
    It comes in its original box, i understand the back says Uboat school.
    Any idea?
    Also any idea of its real value?

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.   U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.  

U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.   U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.
    P
    Many

Default Re: U boat belt buckle in its original box, thats ALL i know.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry this is a modern fantasy item made up from a cap eagle and a U Boat award.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I would be very wary of this. Obviosuly not a conventional German military buckle design but even if it was intended as a commemorative piece, not actually for wear there are problems. The fact that it features a U-Boat badge which wasn't introduced until 1939 doesn't gel with the fact that the Unterseebootschule was formed in 1937 in Neustadt in Holstein, not in Kiel. Previously, there was a school in Kiel, but it was the Unterseebootsabwehrschule, not the UNterseebootsschule. Somethings don't quite add up.

?

So, there ...

?

Thank you for the welcome and your knowledge. I actually bought this at my local auction house who do not specialize in military items, if you believe this is a 100% fake I will return it.
    Does everyone agree this is a fake?

No doubt in my mind.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

100%
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Of all my years of collecting German buckles I have never seen or ever heard of this buckle, sorry mate the buckle never existed.
    Ben

I too agree with all that has been said.....it's bogus. Sorry.....

Rob

?

Return it touf, and now that you are a member here, a little tip for the future-post the images whenever possible before you buy the item. There are plenty of very helpful folk on here, who will always try to assist asap. Welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast