Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)

Article about: Didn't quite know where to post this . Appears to be an unfinished Assmann. Any thoughts or has anyone seen one like this. Regards Detlef

Default Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)

Didn't quite know where to post this .
    Appears to be an unfinished Assmann. Any thoughts or has anyone seen one like this.
    Regards
    Detlef

Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)
    P
    Many

Is there such a thing as neutral?!? Such similar ones were usually used in "Condors".Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)

Thanks for reply. Very helpful.

Quote by Brumbar View Post
    Thanks for reply. Very helpful.
    True, this buckle Condor is in the nature ... True, the photos are not very high quality.
    Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)Unfinished ? ( Blank Buckle Info)

I have done some looking around on these Condor buckles. It appears to me that what I have seen, they are all pebbled buckles whereas the one I have posted is smooth finish. I have also not found a marked "Condor" buckle. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Quote by Brumbar View Post
    Didn't quite know where to post this .
    Appears to be an unfinished Assmann. Any thoughts or has anyone seen one like this.
    Regards
    Detlef

Could be a blank buckle but more like a injection molded HJ buckle which has been denazified by filing down the motif, I have seen a few buckles done this way. I have never seen a neutral buckle Injected molded
    Ben

There is a good thread on Condor Legion buckles, if I recall the original ones used there would have been nickel, brass or aluminium due to the earlier time line and not made of the later steel that did not come into use until 1940. The Spanish civil war ended in 1939
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 07-12-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    Ben

While once a photo was shown with such buckle, worn by a man from Condor,
    since then all such buckles are mentioned to be Condor. Do you really believe
    this?
    In various catalogues they are phrased to be neutral.

I will find the thread Wim, is shows period pics with guys eraing the buckles
    Ben

I was thinking along the same lines Ben. When I first saw it, it screamed Hitler Jugend.
    This is a typical Assmann mark that can be seen on their HJ buckles. There is also a variant marked with a '1' above the mark.
    Looks really clean if it was filed. The buckle looks zinc to me, which would be in character for these buckles. I am not at home right now but I will post an example later.

Detlef

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast