MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Article about: David, thanks for the flowers - I think these swastika buckles were made for all the right wing groups in the Weimar period. For example, the Deutschvölkische Freiheitspartei ( German Völkis

Default Re: Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

David,

thanks for the flowers - I think these swastika buckles were made for all the right wing groups in the Weimar period. For example, the Deutschvölkische Freiheitspartei ( German Völkisch Freedom Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) was wearing the Swastika, too.
    So, I guess this buckle design does not belong to only one specific group, but was offered/sold to please alot of right wing groups - not to forget the Freikorps ! Rember the steelhelmets with the painted white swastika.
    Just my opinion.

Thomas

Here is an example for the DVFP, I found on google search :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?
    P
    Many

Dan D
    ?

David,

The buckles you have provided, IMO, are what we commonly call prototype, perhaps experimental. Not a lot of these buckles are about which is why we don't see them for sale or in many collections and also I believe the buckles you have shown are early/mid '30's manufactured.

What does resemble this buckle is the accepted Police buckle in 1935/1936. The large swas surrounded by the wreath- except they have added the "Gott Mit Uns", as was with the Heer buckles. Perhaps your buckles were experimental for the TR Police Org as during this time frame they were moving away from the Weimar and State run Police orgs. Again, this is pure conjecture on my part!

Here are a couple of "Large Swas" buckles but to Vlad's point these are more slanted towards a sympathizer buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Thomas and Dan

Many thanks for the most interesting comments.

In my opinion, the buckle is not experimental or prototype and actually, I think that it is earlier than the SA.

It was advertised and sold in periodicals as a buckle with a swastika, not to mention the early catalogue number by Assmann. If you wanted a buckle which displayed a swastika, then this fellow was an option.

These "buckles with swastika" are quite interesting and bear with me, in order that I may post a few more.

Regards,

David

A few more.

Regards,

David

Hi David, I fall off my chair - by the way - how was Kassel ?
    cheers Thomas

Thomas

I think that the Kassel fair was a little disappointing for the majority of buckle collectors who attended. I managed to buy a few interesting buckles and I will show them on the forum later.

The usual fakes of course and the only "new" one to me was an SA. A bright brass box with a separately applied and silver washed roundel. An unusual design of eagle and swastika (sharp tips to the eagles wings) and with the roundel incorporating a wording similar to a "Treffen" badge.

A pure fantasy SA !

Regards,

David

David, I am sure I have asked you in the past, any idea of the maker D&S?
    Ben

Ben

Probably "Deschler", rather than the usually attributed "Deumer".

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast