Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Makers

Article about: Hi guys, for those that dont know I am always looking to uncover new makers and find the missing links to the M4 makers list. A member of the WAF forum has a Tunnerbund buckle with the maker

Default Unknown Makers

Hi guys, for those that dont know I am always looking to uncover new makers and find the missing links to the M4 makers list. A member of the WAF forum has a Tunnerbund buckle with the maker V & Co, has anyone any information on this maker at all?

Thanks
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Makers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown Makers

Hey Ben! Here's a buckle with a maker that I have yet to ID....There's a very good possibility that the swastika was added post war - but it's done so precisely and neatly, I find it hard to imagine that someone would go through so much trouble to do this on a "common" buckle.
    In any case....swastika aside...is the maker mark one that you recognize? I'm drawing a blank....

Thanks!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Makers   Unknown Makers  

Unknown Makers  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Makers  Unknown Makers 

Hey Rob interesting buckle and another maker mark I have not seen yet I believe the buckle was denazified and the swazstika put on post war
    Ben

I would agree with Ben.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey Guys! Yes, I too lean quite strongly to a post war application. It's just that it was done so nicely! Very professional looking. I think the fact you see the stamp on the reverse showing where the original swas was shows that this is not a manufactured piece in this condition.
    I'm more interested in the maker mark.....wish I could ID it but in the years I've had this buckle - no one seems to recognize it.

Cheers!

Rob

?

Possibly Wilhelm Binder ??

The buckle is indeed Wilhelm Binder
    Ben