Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Veterans buckle?

Article about: Hi guys As I do not know much about buckles, and after doing a few hours of searching with no luck. Makes me think this is a fantasy piece trying to be a veterans buckle. I thought at first

Default Veterans buckle?

Hi guys
    As I do not know much about buckles, and after doing a few hours of searching with no luck.
    Makes me think this is a fantasy piece trying to be a veterans buckle.
    I thought at first that this was a veterans cap badge stuck on a fake buckle but it appears to have three prongs, the ones I have found only seem to have two prongs. Also it appears to have been painted yellow over the white on the left and behind the swas.
    Probably the whole thing is fake, so please put me out of my misery.
    As always thanks in advance
    Rod
    Veterans buckle?Veterans buckle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veterans buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Veterans buckle?

Rod, to be honest never seen one mate, to me it looks like a neutral buckle with a badge attached to it of some sorts? I will have a look in some books I have just in case but my gut feeling is that the whole thing is made up.
    Ben

Thanks Ben. That is my gut feeling as well. It was a freebie anyway so no loss if it is a donk.
    I simply don’t know enough about them, so I would appreciate it if you were to check your books.
    No rush remember, just when you get a chance.
    Thanks again.
    Rod

A rather interesting item.
    The badge on the front of the buckle originally belonged to a visor cap of a Third Reich veterans association.
    They both have age to them, perhaps it was done post war or a vet did it... who knows it may have been done by a member of the Volkssturm. Although I am very widely speculating.
    Thank you, Glen.

If the badge belonged to a visor cap then it is probabaly a post war make up, the neutral buckle looks post war, again a hard call but its for sure not an official sanction TR buckle
    Ben

Hi glen you could be correct, you never know.
    Have you seen these cap badges with more two prongs? And I have been trying to work out what may have been attached to the two holes beneath the badge, any idea?
    Thanks Ben this is probably why I can’t find another example. It wont hurt if I take it off and see if there is a makers mark on the badge.
    Regards
    Rod

Took it off!
    Someone has soldered a third prong to it so it would be more secure on the buckle. Which answers my puzzle of the three prong scenario.
    God knows when and who has done this, but there has been a bit of effort put into it.
    Thanks
    Rod
    Veterans buckle?Veterans buckle?