Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What is this??

Article about: Any idea what this buckle is? I believe it to be some type of Foreign Legion TR buckle, possibly Latvian or? Any help would be appreciated. Bill

Default What is this??

Any idea what this buckle is? I believe it to be some type of Foreign Legion TR buckle, possibly Latvian or? Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this??   What is this??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this??
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this??

Bill, I saw this one before, can't remember excatly what it was...was it from Finland ? I think so. I'm interested to see, where the experts for this one are - cheers Thomas

Sorry Bill, I have never seen one
    Ben

?

That looks to me like a Latvian buckle, but really I don't know what department is it, probably some kind of scouts organisation
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hens teeth Bill ! - exactly - what is this ?

A great looking buckle and I think perhaps, a high grade of construction ? Certainly appears so from the images.

I suppose that the obvious association is Latvia due to the famous 4 E cross which I think is correctly a "Latvian Fire Cross".

There is however the emotive symbolism of a sword and oak leaves which I personally think suggests a military association.

Sorry Bill - flying a kite on this one ! Great looking buckle though.

Regards,

David

Jan
    ?

Certainly not Finnish.

Rgds Jan

Thanks guys for all the comments. I do believe it is Latvian and but it has three radiating arms off of the swastika instead of two as the Latvian has. I still believew it is some arm of a foreign legion Nazi group but the jury is still out on that. As to David's comment on construction- this is a very heavy buckle primarily due to the really fine Clousine (Sp??) and the heavy brass of the body.

Bill