Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What exactly are these buckles please?

Article about: I keep seeing these for sale, are they early HJ or SA ? Are they legit? Thanks Nick

Default What exactly are these buckles please?

I keep seeing these for sale, are they early HJ or SA ?

Are they legit?

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: What exactly are these buckles please?

Nick, I call them sympathiser buckles, sold at rallies to raise party funds I believe
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nick, I call them sympathiser buckles, sold at rallies to raise party funds I believe
    Thanks Ben, so they were not worn as part of an official uniform then?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No Nick, they were trouser belt buckles, I do not believe I have seen any period pics with these with a official uniform
    Ben

Thanks for the info Ben

Nick

These have also been attributed to the NSDAP Jugend...but I think Ben is on the money. I haven't seen any pics of these in wear with that org. and it could simply be a buckle sold at dept. stores during the TR. They are period though....I find them very attractive and have a few in my collection. Some were a little larger than others and the corners were also different on occasion.
    Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I agree they are eye catching and was thinking about adding one into my collection .

Nick

ww2fotos
    ?

They are a GOOD DEAL smaller than the ordinary run-of-the-mill box buckles. Most certainly meant for small kids. Mine has only "DRGM" on it as it's only marking. I think the one you posted has the same marking. Mine is approx. 3.8 cm x 5 cm. That is very small!

Yes, most certainly a trouser buckle. Here are pics of the two types that I have in my collection. They are quite nice buckles and they hold their own in a belt buckle collection. If given the chance to get one - I say go for it.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	164380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	164382  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidebyside.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	164383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	164384  

Attached Images Attached Images   

?

The buckle you have posted Nick looks to be in very nice condition aswell. If that one is still available - I would go for it , i have always like the look of these , and have been tempted to buy one on more than one occasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast