Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What exactly are these buckles please?

Article about: I keep seeing these for sale, are they early HJ or SA ? Are they legit? Thanks Nick

Default What exactly are these buckles please?

I keep seeing these for sale, are they early HJ or SA ?

Are they legit?

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images What exactly are these buckles please?  What exactly are these buckles please? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What exactly are these buckles please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What exactly are these buckles please?

Nick, I call them sympathiser buckles, sold at rallies to raise party funds I believe
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nick, I call them sympathiser buckles, sold at rallies to raise party funds I believe
    Thanks Ben, so they were not worn as part of an official uniform then?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No Nick, they were trouser belt buckles, I do not believe I have seen any period pics with these with a official uniform
    Ben

Thanks for the info Ben

Nick

These have also been attributed to the NSDAP Jugend...but I think Ben is on the money. I haven't seen any pics of these in wear with that org. and it could simply be a buckle sold at dept. stores during the TR. They are period though....I find them very attractive and have a few in my collection. Some were a little larger than others and the corners were also different on occasion.
    Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I agree they are eye catching and was thinking about adding one into my collection .

Nick

ww2fotos
    ?

They are a GOOD DEAL smaller than the ordinary run-of-the-mill box buckles. Most certainly meant for small kids. Mine has only "DRGM" on it as it's only marking. I think the one you posted has the same marking. Mine is approx. 3.8 cm x 5 cm. That is very small!

Yes, most certainly a trouser buckle. Here are pics of the two types that I have in my collection. They are quite nice buckles and they hold their own in a belt buckle collection. If given the chance to get one - I say go for it.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What exactly are these buckles please?   What exactly are these buckles please?  

What exactly are these buckles please?   What exactly are these buckles please?  

Attached Images Attached Images What exactly are these buckles please?  What exactly are these buckles please? 

?

The buckle you have posted Nick looks to be in very nice condition aswell. If that one is still available - I would go for it , i have always like the look of these , and have been tempted to buy one on more than one occasion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast