Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of Buckle is this, please?

Article about: Greetings Friends, I've come across a German Buckle that I'm unable to identify with certainty...I'd be grateful for your help! The depiction is somewhat reminiscent of Post WWI Heimwehr/Hom

Default What kind of Buckle is this, please?

Greetings Friends,
    I've come across a German Buckle that I'm unable to identify with certainty...I'd be grateful for your help!
    The depiction is somewhat reminiscent of Post WWI Heimwehr/Home Guard Insignia...
    Your input and opinions are appreciated...
    Cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of Buckle is this, please?   What kind of Buckle is this, please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of Buckle is this, please?
    P
    Many

Glenn i think that is a Night Watchman's Guild Buckle!...
    What kind of Buckle is this, please?

It's for night watchmen/security guards.

The buckle also exists in a variant with the title "Reichseinheitsverband des Deutschen Bewachungsgewerbes e.V. Berlin [Unified National Organisation of the Guarding Trade (registered association), Berlin].

Edit: Paul outdrew me.

?

Notice the example Gunny shows has an inscription around the center and Glen's example does not. Here is the backside of maker marked buckle that I believe is a WWII period example. I think I read somewhere that post-war examples are around.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of Buckle is this, please?  

Thank you for your help, Friends...Much Appreciated!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Glen, I just found and old email where this buckle was discussed, I was looking at buying an example. This info is from David North one of the real buckle experts:

"The RDW was a guild and where private security companies could be members. The buckle is known to have around 5 or 6 variant designs and were mainly produced by Dicke, however Assmann also produced this buckle. Post 1945 buckles are mainly either unmarked or have the quite different "Haus Dicke" logo."

I see them for sale, so unless you found some uncommon variant, do not think they are considered scarce. I think they are a nice looking buckle and I will add one to the collection one day

Very nice buckle and nice to see one maker marked especially with the Dicke Haus marking, nice buckle Glen
    Ben