Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What say you about this buckle ?

Article about: I hope i am not stressing you out for asking so many questions about so many items, but i am not in the collecting business for a very long time and it is better to ask then to be sorry. I h

?

Exclamation What say you about this buckle ?

I hope i am not stressing you out for asking so many questions about so many items, but i am not in the collecting business for a very long time and it is better to ask then to be sorry. I have never seen a belt buckle like this one before and i thought that you might give me a clue. It's price tag is around 80 us dollars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What say you about this buckle ?   What say you about this buckle ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What say you about this buckle ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What say you about this buckle ?

I don't like the looks of it......................................... !

Too many markings on the back and not the kind
    that should be there anyway, IMO.

Also, 'Krupp' never made buckles, as far as I know ....... ! ? !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

well yes krupp made armament and ammunition. as far as i know it was called the king of cannons.

The king of cannons alright!
    A friend of mine (182cm tall) standing on the top of the cannon....
    The other photo is the museum manager sitting at the barrels age.. he has also crawled through the barrel ...

This cannon at the "Kristiansand cannon museum" <<Batterie vara>> is a 38cm cannon... (The battery had 4 of these guns)

This cannon was produced in Germany by Friedrich Krupp, Essen in 1940. It is the same type of cannon as were used on the battleships "Bismark" and "Tirpitz"

Some more details about the cannon:

- The ammunition consisted of 3 parts. First the shell, 170 cm long and weighing 800 kg. Then a cartridge with 97.75 kg explosives, and then a charge of 114.25 kg explosives.
    - The barrel is 19.76 meters long, and weighs 110 tons.

Cant help you with the buckle though, sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What say you about this buckle ?   What say you about this buckle ?  

?

now that's big !! size does matter ha ? anyway what about that buckle ?

Cant find anything on this buckle..
    In my opinion it is a fake (At least the markings are fake!) Don't think that the "Krupp" manufacturer was in the small business making buckles...

So my opinion is that it is a FAKE, sorry...

Anybody else got something to add, as this is not really my field (with rare/strange buckles) ???

?

well that is the biggest mystery did krupp make buckles ? it seems odd tho. "well today i shall build some 88 rounds oh and yes 2 belt buckles" )

Quote by Adept View Post
    well that is the biggest mystery did krupp make buckles ? it seems odd tho. "well today i shall build some 88 rounds oh and yes 2 belt buckles" )
    mhm..
    Today we build two Dora railway guns, with 7 ton projectiles and 4 belt buckles

I may also ad that the overkill of "Nazi" markings really turns me off, the Krupp factory has been in business since long before ww1 and was never a real "Nazi" like business during the war... they simply made money and did what the always had done only now (during ww2) they did cannons, tanks and bla bla bla in a larger scale... (Correct me if I am wrong) therefore I don't know why they would "Nazify" this buckle to the max.. and I have not yet seen "Krupp" using marking and waffen.. in huge numbers on their products... They keep a clean and quality finish on their products as far as I have noticed

That buckle is a fantasy buckle. It's not something that existed during the TR. The manufacturing is all wrong and the markings make it totally "bogus". $80US! Whoa! Please: save your money - for that price you can still find nice army buckles!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

thank you for revealing the truth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast