Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's your favourite buckle?

Article about: Ok guys, one to get a bit of banter started. What's your favourite buckle and why?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    All of them lol I think for me Lenny it is the Postshutz buckle, dont know why but I love the design and the way it looks
    Same thing here!
    Still need to get my first one.
    I also regret i couldn't buy Ben Evan's latest classifieds buckles, they were nice too.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's your favourite buckle?
    P
    Many

OMG....choosing the favorite buckle in my collection is not an easy task. There are SO many that I enjoy looking at. For me I guess I will have to divide them up into categories (if you don't mind). I will choose my favorite buckles from three categories: ww1, inter-war and ww2.
    For ww1, I have to go with my early brass telegraph buckle. It has such a unique look to it. It always catches my eye.

For the Inter-war/Weimar era, it probably comes down to this 1920's Freikorps/Veteran buckle. Not often seen - I was very lucky to acquire this example. It just has such a unique look to it. I love it.

For WW2 it was not an easy choice. I love the look of my SA Wehrmannschaft, my NPEA buckle and also 2nd pattern RLB....but I will have to choose my early NSKK buckle. These hardly ever go up for sale and I was lucky enough to acquire this example a few years ago when three hit the market all at once out of a vet estate and were gobbled up immediately.

Those are my fave buckles out of my collection. Here are some pics..... First up is ww1

Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's your favourite buckle?   What's your favourite buckle?  

Interwar Freikorps.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's your favourite buckle?   What's your favourite buckle?  

What's your favourite buckle?   What's your favourite buckle?  

Ww2 nskk

What's your favourite buckle?   What's your favourite buckle?  

I like the RAD design.

?

I like the DJ buckles because of the powerful clean uncluttered single rune. Simple and powerful design.

Nothing can beat a standard Heer buckle!

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    Nothing can beat a standard Heer buckle!
    Indeed and it is the only one I have left these days.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's your favourite buckle?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As with Rob, it is difficult to chose just one. The typical Heer is my favorite for sure. Here is my example of a Gustav Brehmer with a "4" stamped under the pin.
    What's your favourite buckle?What's your favourite buckle?What's your favourite buckle?
    What I found interesting about the N&HL buckle like Jerry's is that the roundel is more pronounced than most.
    What's your favourite buckle?What's your favourite buckle?What's your favourite buckle?
    I have also always had a liking for these.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello ,

another highlight are this FAD buckles :

What's your favourite buckle?What's your favourite buckle?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast