Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When did Overhoff & Cie cease production?

Article about: Or are they still in business. I'm trying to date a coat with Overhoff & Cie buttons and need to know if they were still making buttons in the 1970's.

Recoil Rob
    ?

Default When did Overhoff & Cie cease production?

Or are they still in business. I'm trying to date a coat with Overhoff & Cie buttons and need to know if they were still making buttons in the 1970's.

2. # ADS

Default Re: When did Overhoff & Cie cease production?

I'm not sure when/if they went out of business but I do have a West German belt buckle with OLC stampings on the reverse.....so they must have been around in the 60's and 70's. Hopefully someone will have a definitive date for you.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Rob

Not sure exactly when or even if they have stopped but they made buckles for the Bundewehr, Richard Seiper are now a toy maker and various other makers are still around making other products to this day
    Ben

Recoil Rob
    ?

Thanks guys.

If it will help, the buttons on my coat are stamped "OVERHOFF &CIE" and then OLC in a diamond and the a small 3 ring bullseye.

thanks,

Rob

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Rob

Not sure exactly when or even if they have stopped but they made buckles for the Bundewehr, Richard Seiper are now a toy maker and various other makers are still around making other products to this day
    well think what could still be in storage in there attics or basement store rooms in thos large industrial factorys i bet theres more deschler hoeard out there waiting!

regards ewan

I think technically and by name only, OLC are still manufacturing !

Branscheid Kunststoff- + Metallwaren | OLC | Schnallen | Karabinerhaken | Ringe | Haken | Verbindungselemente

Unlike poor old Fritz Assmann though ! Here are a few images that I took last year of their former factory. Now predominantly vacant and I think that a part is used for the storage of Indian sub continent origin carpets.

Regards,

David

David, that is a class picture, and what a plaque to have on the wall!
    Ben

David, nice shots ! Too bad, they are shut down.
    Thomas

Look at the slight distortion to the left hand side (viewing) of the Assmann company plaque. It is well and truly bolted in and has withstood numerous attempts to dislodge it.

Rather like the sword in the stone, it will in time release itself to the right person (and then probably be posted on eBay).

Regards,

David

nice pictures david!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast