Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who knows this buckle maker?

Article about: Hello, Does anybody knows who is the maker behind that logo? If you can answer could you please be kind to also tell how you get the name (document, other marked buckle, etc...)?

Default Who knows this buckle maker?

Hello,
    Does anybody knows who is the maker behind that logo? If you can answer could you please be kind to also tell how you get the name (document, other marked buckle, etc...)?Who knows this buckle maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who knows this buckle maker?
    P
    Many

JP, there is a thread on this maker mark, In will try and find it but at work at mo on nights so forum time is limited, if not will have to be tomorrow

Cheers

- - ------- - -

Was is Heinrich Schwerter, Menden? I cannot recall at the mo
    Ben

This is what a friend told me years ago. But at that time this was a belief, not anything proven even if several things could bring to that conclusion.

I would certainly appreciate your time if you could find for me the thread you are talking about! Could not find it myself.

Please show buckle for reference. Is it Heer aluminum 2 piece?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Please show buckle for reference. Is it Heer aluminum 2 piece?
    I think the buckle is a Turnerbund buckle, I have done work on this before but cannot remeber where it is
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I think the buckle is a Turnerbund buckle
    Indeed

JP, I have some stuff at home on my laptop, I did a load of research into unknown buckle makers marks, it led me to looking at pre war German manufacturers. I have a load of adverts with the company logos on, I am not sure if I cracked this one or not, again I will let you know tomorrow when I get up.

Cheers
    Ben

JP, I have this down at the moment as a HCH Schwerter buckle but pending confirmation, I knew I had done some work on it. The prongs are really interesting on this buckle and if identified could tie up a few buckles if proven.

Cheers
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    JP, I have this down at the moment as a HCH Schwerter buckle but pending confirmation, I knew I had done some work on it. The prongs are really interesting on this buckle and if identified could tie up a few buckles if proven.

Cheers
    Thank you for the time spent Ben. Distinctive prongs used on this buckle are indeed the reason why I wish to know the maker behind it. But for me still no change: pending confirmation... I would be interested as well to know what bought that name in the first place. Was the name (since schwerter = swords) and the fact that H. Schwerter was officially approved in 1933 as maker for the Turnerbund buckles? Or was it something else also? The Schwerter company is still in business but never replied to any email I sent since years...

That is quite funny JP, I have also emailed them to no avail. One thing I did try was to find maker logos for Weimar toy makers, steel makers ect Anything pre TR era, I found some logos but nothing to put that maker mark to Schwerter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who knows this buckle maker?   Who knows this buckle maker?  

Who knows this buckle maker?   Who knows this buckle maker?  

Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast