Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch

Article about: I bought this belt/buckle set that was advertised as WWII belt w/ WWI buckle. Can you comment on any of the details? The belt is faintly marked with 1917 date and some words that I will try

Default WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch

I bought this belt/buckle set that was advertised as WWII belt w/ WWI buckle. Can you comment on any of the details? The belt is faintly marked with 1917 date and some words that I will try to make out better. There are buttons attached and one that came loose - loose one SLB and an HA on back. One plain button, a button with number eight and two crown buttons. the ammo pouch is marked on back - J SIGLIE & Cie, 1915, KORNWESTHEIM SALAMANDER SCHUHFABRIKEN. The buckle has no markings - is two piece and has a tab but the tab looks "new"? There is green corrosion on buckle and belt consistent with each other. Is this all WWI and for real? Is the 8 a regiment or division number?

Is a set like this desirable to a WWI collector?
    thanks.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch   WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch  

WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch   WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch  

WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch   WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch

additional pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch  

Hi Joe, I like the belt and buckle no problem with them, I am uncomfortable with the support tab attached to the buckle, the wear and age is inconsistent with the buckle, for me the tab is a later addition, when I do not know, again mate just my opinion
    Ben

?

wwi buckle original.tab fake.

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    wwi buckle original.tab fake.
    If I were to resell this set should I remove the tab or just note that it may have been added later?
    Joe

?

Quote by josephc View Post
    If I were to resell this set should I remove the tab or just note that it may have been added later?
    Joe
    Hi Joe, the tab looks like it was added as personal prefferance by the origional owner & most likely a period tab, leave it as found imo.

Regards Mac 66.

?

I do not think that tab of the wwi. the wear and age is inconsistent with the buckle. Tab added, probably in our time.when selling to note that the tab is added later, probably.

show the belt buckle https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...kles-10285-51/

adding a picture of belts manufacturer stamping after using some talc (actually corn starch) - the date is 1917 and location Mannheim but still a little tough to get other words; maybe a forum member more familiar with the manufacturers can get enough clues from the pic to fill in the blanks.

- - Updated - -

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    I do not think that tab of the wwi. the wear and age is inconsistent with the buckle. Tab added, probably in our time.when selling to note that the tab is added later, probably.

show the belt buckle https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...kles-10285-51/
    ok I will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belt & Buckle with ammo pouch  

?

I say again, if you want to know the manufacturer and all the rest of the. in the forum section- Imperial German Buckles. you to will prompt.