Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS - GERMANIA Wedding

Article about: I just couldn't stop looking at these images and had to buy them! So much to see! An SS wedding ceremony, SS awards and insignia, BDM girls etc etc Such a handsome couple too! I hope you enj

This is great Andreas, many thanks!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - GERMANIA Wedding
    P
    Many

Right, here is the translation now:

"Jamlitz, 18 Nov.44

Curriculum vitae.

On 7 March 1920, I was born at Jeinsen in the Province of Hannover as the son of the employee Friedrich Nürge and his wife Anna, neé Simm. From the 6th to the 14th year of my life, I attended the
    Volksschule* at Jeinsen and had my confirmation in the year of 1934. On 1 April 1934, I began my apprenticeship with the master bricklayer Ernst Kössing, resident at Jeinsen, in order to learn the bricklayer's craft. After 3 1/2 years of apprenticeship, I took my apprenticeship certification exam by the building-trade guild at Springe near Hannover on 1 Oct. 1937, which I passed with "good" results. Following my examination, I remained with my master for another year as a journeyman. After that, I changed my employer and took up work with the master bricklayer Karl Hunze, resident at Otze in the Burgdorf County, where I remained employed up until 25 March 40. On 1 April 1940, I joined the Waffen-SS-Standarte "Wiking" as a war volunteer, participated in the campaigns against France and Russia and was decorated with the Iron Cross 2nd Class, 1941/42 Eastern Campaign Medal, Infantry Assault Badge and Wound Badge. On 28 Feb. 1942, I was wounded by a machine gun burst in Russia. My wounds consist of a through-and-through gunshot wound to the right forearm as well as the left hand and forearm with bone damage and a stiffening of the left hand. After an eight-month stay at the military hospital, I was released to the Reconvalescent Company with the category KVH** and disablement level II. On 25 Oct. 1942, I was transferred to the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt*** at Berlin, from where I moved on to the Bauinspektion Reich Nord****.
    On 18 Oct. 43, I was transferred to the Zentralbauleitung [...] der Waffen-SS und Polizei*****, where I am still employed to this day.

Erich Nürge

SS-Unterscharführer"

*) elementary school/grade school
    **) KVH = "kriegsverwendungsfähig Heimat", fit for wartime duty in the homeland
    ***) SS-Economy-Administration Main Office
    ****) Construction Inspectorate for the Northern Reich
    *****) Central Construction Administration [...] of the Waffen-SS and Police. I can't quite make out the name of the place; there were a number of these Zentralbauleitungen throughout Germany and the occupied territories.

So, Nürge's combat decorations seen in the photographs were all from several years back, and, having been found unfit for further deployments, much less active combat dury, he had spent the time from 1942 to 1945 at homeland-/rear area assignments, working in a military occupation where he could apparently put his civilian experience from the construction trade to use. Considering this, he probably had a rather good chance to surive the last months of the war as well.

Andreas, thank you so much for your time and effort in translating this. It means a lot to me to learn more about this soldier!

Now I would like to find out more but I appreciate it is difficult to trace historic details of NCO's particularly

Again thank you for your kindness

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

very nice catch Woolgar, well done

Another document !

The groom's Stammkarte.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS - GERMANIA Wedding   SS - GERMANIA Wedding  

Last edited by Woolgar; 12-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.

And a nice looking couple to boot! I hope they survived the war and went on to long and happy lives.

The Stammkarte adds more biographical data of interest.

Nürge had been a member of the Hitler Youth from January 1933 until he changed over to the Allgemeine SS in October 1938, having turned 18 in February of that year. (Contradicting this, the RuS questionnaire has his HJ membership from 1 April 1933 to 1 September 1938.) On 9 November 1938, he also became a member of the Nazi Party. As we already know, he later volunteered for the Waffen-SS, which he joined on 1 April 1940, following an abbreviated tour of duty with the Reichsarbeitsdienst from February to April of that year.

His succession of memberships in Nazi organizations - except for the RAD all of a voluntary nature and including more than 7 years prior to his W-SS service - would imply that he was a believer in the Nazi ideology. Yet, he does not mention any of these affiliations in his CV, which is quite unusual for the time and doubly so for an SS member.

Interestingly, he does expressly mention his confirmation, and he was, in fact, still a member of the Protestant church ["religiöses Bekenntnis: ev.", i.e. "evangelisch"] when the Stammkarte was last updated, which could have been no earlier than 1942 from the entries. This despite the sometimes considerable pressure for SS men to leave the churches.
    Still, he did eventually leave the church at some later date, as his RuS questionnaire gives his religion, in the standard SS terminology, as "G.gb." ["Gottgläubig"; describing someone who believes in (a) God, but has no church affiliation. The SS was opposed to the churches, in particular the Catholic one, but frowned upon the concept of total Atheism.] His wife's confession is given as Protestant in the RuS questionnaire.

Having been called up for duty on 1 April 1940, Nürge took his oath of allegiance on 1 May 1940. A member of the infantry branch, he was also trained as a medic ["Sonderausbildung: S.D.G. Kursus", "S.D.G." meaning "Sanitätsdienstgrad"]. Following basic training, Nürge served in the field from 1 June 1940 until he was wounded on 28 February 1942.

He was promoted to Sturmmann on 1 April 1941 and to Rottenführer on 1 September 1941. (His promotion date to Unterscharführer is not listed.)

What a brilliant thread!...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The Stammkarte adds more biographical data of interest.

Nürge had been a member of the Hitler Youth from January 1933 until he changed over to the Allgemeine SS in October 1938, having turned 18 in February of that year. (Contradicting this, the RuS questionnaire has his HJ membership from 1 April 1933 to 1 September 1938.) On 9 November 1938, he also became a member of the Nazi Party. As we already know, he later volunteered for the Waffen-SS, which he joined on 1 April 1940, following an abbreviated tour of duty with the Reichsarbeitsdienst from February to April of that year.

His succession of memberships in Nazi organizations - except for the RAD all of a voluntary nature and including more than 7 years prior to his W-SS service - would imply that he was a believer in the Nazi ideology. Yet, he does not mention any of these affiliations in his CV, which is quite unusual for the time and doubly so for an SS member.

Interestingly, he does expressly mention his confirmation, and he was, in fact, still a member of the Protestant church ["religiöses Bekenntnis: ev.", i.e. "evangelisch"] when the Stammkarte was last updated, which could have been no earlier than 1942 from the entries. This despite the sometimes considerable pressure for SS men to leave the churches.
    Still, he did eventually leave the church at some later date, as his RuS questionnaire gives his religion, in the standard SS terminology, as "G.gb." ["Gottgläubig"; describing someone who believes in (a) God, but has no church affiliation. The SS was opposed to the churches, in particular the Catholic one, but frowned upon the concept of total Atheism.] His wife's confession is given as Protestant in the RuS questionnaire.

Having been called up for duty on 1 April 1940, Nürge took his oath of allegiance on 1 May 1940. A member of the infantry branch, he was also trained as a medic ["Sonderausbildung: S.D.G. Kursus", "S.D.G." meaning "Sanitätsdienstgrad"]. Following basic training, Nürge served in the field from 1 June 1940 until he was wounded on 28 February 1942.

He was promoted to Sturmmann on 1 April 1941 and to Rottenführer on 1 September 1941. (His promotion date to Unterscharführer is not listed.)
    Wow! All this information from those two documents !!

Once again Andreas I am indebted to you !

Many thanks!

I think its time to find details on his lovely wife

Found details on his brother who sadly didn't survive the war
    Nachname(Last Name): Nürge
    Vorname(First Name): Heinrich
    Dienstgrad(grade): Unteroffizier
    Geburtsdatum(DOB): 09.07.1910
    Geburtsort(birthplace): Jeinsen
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum(death/missing):18.10.1944
    Todes-/Vermisstenort(area): Makejewka,KGL 280

Nick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast