Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

All In The Family

Article about: Heres a couple pictures reflecting two of my family members one participated in the first world war and the other in the 2nd world war - The first two pictures reflect my grandfather who fou

?

Default All In The Family

Heres a couple pictures reflecting two of my family members one participated in the first world war and the other in the 2nd world war -
    The first two pictures reflect my grandfather who fought in the first world war in the middle-east, in one picture he proudly wears his Turkisch halfmoon on his left breast and on the other he is in his "tropenhelm" and desert gear, rifle etc.
    The next two pictures reflect a great-uncle wearing his black Allgemeine uniform at his wedding, although not on his tunic he was a "Blutorden Trager" -

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture All In The Family   All In The Family  

All In The Family   All In The Family  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement All In The Family
    P
    Many

Default Re: All In The Family

Wow those are great pictures! Thats pretty impressive that your great uncle wore the Blood Order!

Hi Horst, you have a great military tradition in your family. Definitely something to be proud of. I see that your uncle Sepp gave his life for the Fuhrer in Naples on 04/28/45. That's too bad he made it so long, then to die right at the end of the war. How did they make a death notice card so late when the war was almost over?

Take care,
    Jay

?

Horst,
    Great photos; thanks for posting them.
    This might sound like a silly question, but are you certain that the SS man and the man in the death notice are the same man? There is a resemblance, but they look like different people and their ears are a different shape! I know there's at least ten years between the pictures, but ears do not change shape. Or have I read your post wrong?
    Regards,
    W.

If you look at the photos properly you will see that because the angles are different, the ears look slightly different, but once you take this into consideration, they look pretty much identical to me.
    Tom

?

With all due respect, I know how to look at photos properly (it's my business) and I know all about camera angles and how a camera can lie. A camera angle can show a different perspective of an object, but it does not alter the shape of ears, which is akin to a fingerprint.
    W.

Quote by Woske View Post
    With all due respect, I know how to look at photos properly (it's my business) and I know all about camera angles and how a camera can lie. A camera angle can show a different perspective of an object, but it does not alter the shape of ears, which is akin to a fingerprint.
    W.
    I'm sorry if you feel offended, but it doesn't change the fact that they are both of the same person albeit 10 years apart. Just my .02c
    Tom

?

Jay - the date he died reads 28 April 1943(its a 3) not a 5.

W- I hate to burst your bubble but it is the same man as my greataunt gave me both pictures plus his beermug and other items, before she passed in the 60,s.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Quote by Horst View Post
    W- I hate to burst your bubble but it is the same man as my greataunt gave me both pictures plus his beermug and other items, before she passed in the 60,s.

Horst
    No bubble, inflated or burst. Just wondering why they didn't look like the same man with only 10 years apart. Families do get it wrong sometimes.
    W.