Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.

Article about: These just showed up today in the mail. Let me know what you all think, I really love this full pics of the SS Germania Uniform, with the walking our dress slacks. I'm not sure if i posted t

Default Re: Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.

More pics that showed up today in the mail.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.   Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.
    P
    Many

I like the last one with the Odal-Rune sleeve diamond and the Turkish War Star. The 31st Standarte was headquartered in my hometown Landshut, by the way. Here is one of this man's comrades:
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS pics for viewing. 

NIce SS Brownshirt, and yes i do love that he has the Turkish Star, and the Odal rune sleeve diamond. I paid the most for that one.

I like the other one also , due to the fact that he left his top jacket button undone.

Brian

Do be careful you are not being sold post-war reprints. The cavalry shot has been around at shows for a while now.
    d'alquen

I am getting them from a well know dealer in Germany, as i have bough about 90% of my photographs from.

All of them are marked Agfa-Lupex on the back.

Brian

OK, I have this one, and it does have the members autograph on it in ink.

The name appears to be ;

Rudolf Speichl

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.   Allgemeine SS pics for viewing.  

Nice pic, but he is not an SS man, but an early NSKK man from the 40th Motorstandarte:
    Please note his right collar patch and the NSKK membership pin on his tie. Furthermore, an SS man would have worn a black, not brown, tie.

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I am getting them from a well know dealer in Germany, as i have bough about 90% of my photographs from.

All of them are marked Agfa-Lupex on the back.

Brian

Brian,
    I'm afraid that does not mean they are originals. I have seen many post-war reproduction prints using Agfa-Lupex photo paper or the firm's logo added. The things that worry me about your photos are the serrated edges to all of them. Most original studio portraits of the time had straight edges, especially in postcard size. Many non-professional snapshot photos were produced with serrated edges, but all of your photos have serrated edges. Added to this is your statement that you obtain 90% from a single source....all with serrated edges? Given that it is a common practice for eastern European photo forgers to serrate edges, the condition of all of your photos showing little wear and tear, plus d'alquen's correct observation that the Reiter portrait is a well known repro photo, I would be very suspicious of their originality.
    Woske.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Nice pic, but he is not an SS man, but an early NSKK man from the 40th Motorstandarte:
    Please note his right collar patch and the NSKK membership pin on his tie. Furthermore, an SS man would have worn a black, not brown, tie.
    Yeah, I knew he was not an SS man, from the uniform only, the brown tie, the silver buttons, the collar tab and such, I just put the pic in here, because i had posted pics here already.

Quote by Woske View Post
    Brian,
    I'm afraid that does not mean they are originals. I have seen many post-war reproduction prints using Agfa-Lupex photo paper or the firm's logo added. The things that worry me about your photos are the serrated edges to all of them. Most original studio portraits of the time had straight edges, especially in postcard size. Many non-professional snapshot photos were produced with serrated edges, but all of your photos have serrated edges. Added to this is your statement that you obtain 90% from a single source....all with serrated edges? Given that it is a common practice for eastern European photo forgers to serrate edges, the condition of all of your photos showing little wear and tear, plus d'alquen's correct observation that the Reiter portrait is a well known repro photo, I would be very suspicious of their originality.
    Woske.
    I have been collecting photographs for some time now, and I'm 100% confident that they are originals.

Just because i have been buying most them from the same dealer, does not mean anything, majority of the dealers in collecting WW2 items, usually have one certain collector that has an expertise in one field or another.

This guy i deal with sells photographs from all branches of the the German military also, not just SS.

I just purchase his SS, and political photographs only.

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast