Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images

Article about: Well spotted!

?

Default Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images

Today, the 22nd June 2012, marks the 71st anniversary of the start of Operation Barbarossa. As this was such a pivotal moment in the war, and arguably Hitler's biggest mistake that ultimately led to the ruin of Nazi Germany, I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can show images relating to the invasion. Here are a few that I found, including an iconic image of troops in close combat, panzers advancing into Soviet territory and a basic map of the early advances towards the East.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  
    Attached Images Attached Images Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images

Here's a few pictures from my collection:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

A few of my favorites that can be found on this website:
    In Focus - World War II: Operation Barbarossa - The Atlantic

Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your imagesAnniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images

?

Here are some from my private collection and for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images   Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  

Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images   Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  

Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images   Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  

After a fight with my scanner, here are a couple of mine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images   Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  

cant ever imagine seeing things like that,must of been terrifying

I like this image

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, show your images  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Amazing photo Nick, I just wonder what happened in the minutes after this pic was taken. It certainly captures a pretty tense moment.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Amazing photo Nick, I just wonder what happened in the minutes after this pic was taken. It certainly captures a pretty tense moment.
    Exactly mate, thats why I find it fascinating. Was he shot or did the Russian spare him ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Some poppuri: pictures from the Soviet side

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast