Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

?

Default Re: Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

I was doing my normal photo-hunting rounds on Ebay, and found a pic that I colorised, which is being offered for sale. I guess someone took my colorization and got it signed by RKT Klemann!
    Attached Images Attached Images Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I was doing my normal photo-hunting rounds on Ebay, and found a pic that I colorised, which is being offered for sale. I guess someone took my colorization and got it signed by RKT Klemann!
    Is that who the photo is advertised as Bill as no Klemann won the RK !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yeah, I had found this pic online a long while back, and thought it would look good colorised. And today I saw it on Ebay, signed by RKT "Helmut Klemann" Kompanieführer 2. / Panzergrenadier-Regiment 59

Here is the link to the Ebay ad: Infantry Knights Cross Signed Pic - Klemann | eBay

Here is my original Colorization:
    Attached Images Attached Images Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs 

?

Ah right mate the guy who is selling this is 100 % legit and he is quite correct about Klemann and his details , the mistake on this was mine !! Helmut Klemann is still alive so he must have downloaded your colourized one and sent it to be signed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Interesting turn of events.
    Kudos for having the bottle to admit it.
    (I expected not less from you)

- - Updated - -

Great pic BTW.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Interesting turn of events.
    Kudos for having the bottle to admit it.
    (I expected not less from you)

- - Updated - -

Great pic BTW.
    Hadn't checked my reference books correctly !!

1st July 1916

?

Awesome Paul, thanks for the confirmation! I still dont know how the guy got the original signature off of my colorisation tho!? I've seen them do it to watermarks too, and I have no idea how they do it.

Hello all,

I just picked these photos up yesterday, thought I'd see what everyone has to say. I'm pretty sure the majority are legitimate, save for the SS graves. The large pic of the SS motorcycle troops is probably fake as well since I found a copy on google images, but it did not react under black light. I even went so far as to peel a corner back and check with no negative results. It's printed on very heavy paper, and has the same feel as some old family photos I have. Either way, it's a cool shot. Also, it seems the photos didn't post the way I hoped (front and back, side by each) so if you start at the bottom and scroll up they should be somewhat proper. Oh, and I didn't include the backs of a few, FYI.

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

?

Hi Harv,
    Some nice photos youve collected. From what I see, you seemed to have done fine! I dont see any red flags with the SS pic with the wooden crosses. I agree that the Kradmelder photo is a well known image, as Ive also seen it before, but we cant be certain when it was printed really. I feel like Ive seen the pic with the Army coffin before also, but not positive. Cool SA Pioneer portrait too. thanks for posting

It's been a while since I've posted anything in this thread but this is one that I found rather odd when I finally got it in hand. I know that a lot of you are skeptics and would rather stay away from high leader images such as this one but what I really want opinions on is the type of paper, stamps on the back, the edges and some of the visible UV positive spots throughout etc. Here it is:

As you can see the image itself has some motion blur, there were actually two of these for sale the other one having been taken right before this one and that one was an in-focus and sharply detailed shot... so I don't think there's anything wrong with the image/source itself quality-wise (as I said earlier; it's more the paper etc I'm worried about).

This is a section of the edge, it's like this all the way around... looks very crude to me...

There's also a couple of fingerprints (?) visible on the image itself, I guess this could have been due to a poorly cleaned negative? Or worst case scenario; a smudged print that was not cleaned properly before creating a copy

This is the back... the stamp itself seems fine to me but how usual was it to have just a single stamp like on this Agfa-Brovira paper? This is kind of more like a general question as I've seen different configurations with several stamps on the back in a "tiled" fashion etc.
    There's also UV-positive spots on the back, spots that to the naked eye seem like glue residue (see several yellowed spots visible in the scan).

So, yeah... any thoughts on these observations would be appreciated. If it's deemed a post-war copy I'll simply return this to the seller.

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast