Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Default Re: Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Hi guy... I just get this picture and I NEED TO KNOW IF IT´S FAKE OR REAL.

Does anyone knows anything about the stamp in the back?

It´s an theatral playing in the WestWall.

I´ll be waiting for answers, THX!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me, also not the type of photo that you would see being reprinted.

Thanks a lot for an elaborated discussion on the topic! Using our crowd sourcing we probably agree that the shutze photo and the sports photo are most likely ok and that TK photo got a fair chance (got more photos of the edges, the look very different, maybe some Polish paper, if someone interested I can post them). I passed all of them anyway as the prices were a bit out of line. One more time thanks a lot!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I would agree with Pauls suspicions.... the Hauptsturmfihrer one is bad for sure IMO.
    But I like the SS sports pic and the Voigtlander portrait just might have a chance too IMO, but needs in-hand inspection for sure. the SS Obergefreiter TK portrait is also a tough one to judge from here. The tk schutze one might have a chance, but I would personally be cautious.

Also like Paul said, the leonar Leigrano paper is from the 50's. From what ive read, it made pictures come out very dark and advanced photographers chose not to use it. Maybe a good photo from someone who didnt get their photos developed till late, after the war! I personally consider those types "original" but choose not to collect them unless there is proof of legitimacy.

To be perfectly honest, as of late Ive been second guessing myself with online judgements after seeing some of the "new" fakes that are around. The fakers/sellers are quickly getting better at this, and now know what we look for to easily spot fakes. So I apologize if some of my opinions arent as helpful as earlier times! lol Its just not as cut and dry as it used to be with them adding all of the extra jazz to fake pics. I now look at some "good" photos, and find myself wondering. Still, we arent completely corked yet....so keep posting em'! We just gotta keep on top of it all

Tester
    ?

Hi guys, I am new on the site, but I am reading this thread with a big interest. Now I am thinking to buy several photos on ebay.de, but I am not sure in originality of the photos, so I need your help and opinions about the photos (seller's nicknames have been shaded). Thanks in advance!

The paper looks war time to me. The only thing that seems to be odd is the inscription on the back of the portrait.

Quote by Tester View Post
    Hi guys, I am new on the site, but I am reading this thread with a big interest. Now I am thinking to buy several photos on ebay.de, but I am not sure in originality of the photos, so I need your help and opinions about the photos (seller's nicknames have been shaded). Thanks in advance!

?

those ones are all okay in my opinion Tester! Evgeni, thanks for the assistance on here. Unfortunately this past month ive had to focus my time elsewhere, and its been hurting my time on the forum

?

fpalacio, that is a common stamp used by photo shops/etc and will be seen on many 6x9/snapshot photos especially, and of course will differ in names. The majority you see will be in that brownish color as well.
    These stamps can also be seen on postcard sized photos as well....but are a bit different, and usually only one or two lines of words.

BTW hope you won that Deutsche Kreuz in Gold Luftwaffe portrait tester....a real nivce one

If interested, there are some good sellers on Ebay.de mentioned in this thread a ways back, that you can rest a bit easier when making purchases with, until you are comfortable in branching out

Thx, Bill!

Tester
    ?

Evgeni M, Bill - thanks for assistance with that photo!

?

Hi,
    I have recently joined this wonderful forum - and in minutes few have discovered some very interesting items from old and bold forum members; so many thanks in advance to you all.
    I am an avid collector of TR photos, specifically nice portrait photos of the early war period. I have noticed throughout this thread a few "ba E-bay sellers", one of them being totenkopfelite. I must say i have had a few genuine photos from this chap, but i am very cautious. I feel it my turn to add to this informative thread and warn you of the said bad e-bayer perhaps up to old tricks again.
    I noticed some months ago a few photos of a luftwaffe pilot/crewman, all seemed to be in good order, no red cards (edges were good, saturation etc). My suspisions arose when there was lack of appetite to show photos of the reverse, so i decided to cease bidding, but maintined them on my watchlist. The photos went for double figures.
    What am i getting at!!!!!! well, the said photos having been sold a number of months ago, are now being listed again by the same bad seller. Either he is the fortunate owner of several copies originally produced or there are some dirty tricks at hand!!!!!
    I have included the link that should take you to the page where they are being listed. Please do not bid on these items as i feel that they are suspect.

Kind regards

ORIGINAL PERIOD GERMAN WW2 PHOTOGRAPHS X 2 LUFTWAFFE -IN THE COCKPIT | eBay

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast