Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Any opinions on this SS set? Not good IMO. Original period photo for comparison (last picture). Bleached white paper for comparison is attached as well.

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

Yup Evgeni is correct with the mass produced ones. They are period, but aren't "one of a kind", that's all.

Luca......those are fakes/modern copies.

Evgeni, those are hard to determine without an in-hand inspection imo. To be honest, I am hesitant to give an opinion, as I do not know for sure. The overall image quality isn't the best on the obverse, but I'm not 100% discounting the reverse. Especially the top 2, as they look to be of the same ceremony, and are both on the same type of photo paper, which would be correct and what you'd want to see in most cases. Sorry I couldn't be more help on those. I would personally peel back a corner and test the middle layers...they might give you a more accurate UV reading to help more.

thanks bill

Hi, how can I attach some pics here?

Replay... and U`ll find "Attachments/ Pictures upload:" a couple lines down... that`s all... just select the images u want to upload and then "upload" / "done"... and that`s all, my friend

Default Fake?

Hi, everybody. Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsCould you please advise on this photograph - fake or authentic? I realize the guy is Soviet, not German, yet it's Agfa. Thanks.

That is an authentic photo...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Many thanks. I've been in doubt since nowdays they manage to deliver fake photos with an authentic look logos Agfa etc.

?

Possibly taken in Germany post May 1945 !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

... or elsewhere in Eastern Europe.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast