Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Band on the Run!

Article about: Thought the Title was fitting for this Photo, As I'm sure at times this Unit was having to Run from the Russians. It shows a jingling johnny-English translation) from 93 ID in the back groun

Default Band on the Run!

Thought the Title was fitting for this Photo, As I'm sure at times this Unit was having to Run from the Russians. It shows a jingling johnny-English translation) from 93 ID in the back ground. Not sure the Dog is to impressed!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Band on the Run!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Band on the Run!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Band on the Run!

Photos like these are great, thanks for showing. The weather is not really condusive to playing the tuba. You're right, the dog is more interested in the photographer then the band.

Jay

Justin,

They shipped all that brass when they should have had the other, crazy?

Jock

I wounder at what Point they Dumped there excessive Equipment? From the same Album, gives us a little Idea of how much gear they had to lug about in the Cold! Jay, The Dog pops up in other Photos, Never looks to happy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Band on the Run!  

The German quartermasters did have confused prioritys toward the end of the war. Recently someone showed feldposts going to camps on the eastern front. Feldposts were only taking six days to get to camps that were being over run by the soviets. I'm sure the soldiers would have appreciated packages of bullets instead of love letters. I sure hope that dog survived the collapse of the TR Justin, I'm a dog lover.

Take care,
    Jay