Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bdm ??

Article about: Hi, I have been collecting BDM items for a bit now, other than brooches and the female youth patches there is not much other than photos. I look for ID photos and any postcards or original p

Default Bdm ??

Hi, I have been collecting BDM items for a bit now, other than brooches and the female youth patches there is not much other than photos. I look for ID photos and any postcards or original photos from the TR. I found this one recently and am not sure if it is pre-durring, or post war. A group of young girls that are in what seems to be a sports organization. They are dressed in what looks like TR sports wear, but the patch they wear has me confused. At first I thought it was J i B, but the writing on the wall to the side of the first girl in line is T i B. Does anyone know what this stand for and from what period? Many thanks in advance. K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bdm ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bdm ??
    P
    Many

Oh, also if anyone has any BDM items for sale, please pm me with item and price. Would like to find an original jacket or what ever else. Thanks again K.

No BDM connection. They are members of the Turngemeinde in Berlin [Gymnastics Association in Berlin].

The club was founded in 1848 and is still in existence.

TiB
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turngemeinde_in_Berlin

Wow, that was fast! One of these days I will know how to figure this out on my own. I am quite computer illiterate. Thank you so much once again Andres. Do you have any idea from what era this photo is from? Even with no TR connection I still think it is quite neat. Once again, you amaze me and thanks!!

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Do you have any idea from what era this photo is from?
    Sorry, no.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it is a pre-TR era photo. Do you know if this organization existed during the TR, or where they sponged up into a TR group? Only to return as they were after the war till modern day?

To judge the hair-cut from some, I would say after the war (1960's).

Bdm ??

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it is a pre-TR era photo. Do you know if this organization existed during the TR, or where they sponged up into a TR group? Only to return as they were after the war till modern day?
    The club - which had 2,850 members on 31 December 1933 - was part of the Deutsche Turnerschaft (DT) [German Gymnastics League], which in turn was taken into the Deutscher Reichsbund für Leibesübungen (DRL) [German National League for Physical Exercise] on 1 January 1934 and disbanded as a separate organisation on 1 April 1934.

The TiB as such continued on as part of the DRL, with new sports facilities and a new clubhouse opened in 1935 and several new sections formed in the pre-war years (fistball, hockey and handball in 1937, skiing and women's rowing in 1938), bringing the number up to 59 sections by 1939.

The youth sections for members of up to 17 years of age, however, were disbanded on 31 Dec. 1936, as training the youth was now the business of the HJ/BDM. Some 1,200 young members were affected.

In 1944, the club still had 1,755 members.

On 16 February 1945, the clubhouse was completely destroyed in a fire following an air raid.

On 16 April 1945, the club's final members' newsletter was published.

In May 1945, all sports clubs were disbanded by the Allied occupation forces, with all properties seized and the club's grounds used by U.S. armed forces.

Up until 1949, the TiB's former members were active in various groups.

On 16 April 1949, a provisional members' meeting was held, in which it was decided to re-establish the club.

In June 1949, the first post-war issue of the newsletter was published.

In August 1949, the club was offically re-formed (with 687 members) and its various sections were re-established over the course of several years.

All info taken from the TiB's website: TiB

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    To judge the hair-cut from some, I would say after the war (1960's).
    Looking closer at the 'dos, I would tend to agree with Wim's observation.

Thanks again Andres, You are awesome. And yes I do see the hair styles now they have been pointed out, a point that I had previously completely overlooked. And coming from Mr. Saris, well, nuff said. Once more thanks much for the education. K.

Thank you much Mr. Saris. I overlooked the hair styles, but your observation is quite convincing. Your opinion on any subject here is valued by myself and i'm quite sure many others. Even though it is not pre or during war, or not BDM which I thought it may have had a chance to be, I still like it. Thanks again Wilhelm!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast