Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BDM Girl

Article about: Does anyone know who this girl was? Nick

Default BDM Girl

Does anyone know who this girl was?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images BDM Girl 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BDM Girl
    P
    Many

Default Re: BDM Girl

Sooooory! I have posted this in the wrong forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Does anyone know who this girl was?

Nick
    I fear this pretty madchen's name is lost in the mists of time Nick....

However, the photo was taken well before the war in 1933, so if she's still with us, she's knockin' on a bit!!!

Regards, Ned,
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I fear this pretty madchen's name is lost in the mists of time Nick....

However, the photo was taken well before the war in 1933, so if she's still with us, she's knockin' on a bit!!!

Regards, Ned,
    ...with a tale to tell !

Nick

Found a great website for anyone interested in the Bund Deutscher Madel !

( Bund Deutscher Maedel - A Historical Research Page and Online Archive )

Cheers

Nick

I couldn't help but resurrect this old thread; her name is Ilse Hirsch.

Born in the industrial town of Hamm in 1922 she joined the BDM at age sixteen and soon became one of its principle organizers in the town of Monschau. She trained at Hülchrath Castle for her part in 'Operation Carnival', the assassination of the American appointed Burgermeister of Aachen, the first German city to fall to the Allies. Dropped by parachute near the outskirts, the five man and one woman team made their way into the city guided by Hirsch who knew the area well. At No 251, Eupener Strasse, lived Franz Oppenhoff, a forty-one year old lawyer, his wife Irmgard and their three children. Oppenhoff had recently been appointed chief Burgomeister by the Americans and by accepting this appointment he had signed his own death warrant. Regarded as a traitor by the Nazi resistance movement, the so-called Werewolves, he was a prime candidate for assassination. Guided by Hirsch to the house, the actual murder was carried out by the leader of the team, SS Lt. Wenzel and their radio operator, Sepp Leitgeb, who fired the fatal shot as Oppenhoff stood on the steps of his residence. Ilse Hirsch took no part in the actual assassination but acted only as guide and lookout. Making their escape from the city, Hirsch caught her foot on a trip-wire attached to a buried mine which severely injured her knee and killed her companion, Sepp Leitgeb. Spending a long time in hospital she eventually returned to her home in Euskirchen. After the war, the survivors of the assassination team, with the exception of SS Lt. Wenzel, were tracked down and arrested. At the Aachen 'Werewolf Trial' in October, 1949, all were found guilty and sentenced to from one to four years in prison. Ilse and one other team member were set free. In 1972, Ilse Hirsch was happily married, the mother of two teenage boys and living only a score of miles from the scene of the most momentous event in her life.
    (The Jewish Virtual Library)

Regards,

Corey

Pretty though she may have been, dear Ilse should have been invited to dance at the end of a rope along with the rest of her murderous buddies....instead she ended up happily ever after....Talk about "gender equality"....hmph.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

And a older pic..BDM GirlBDM Girl
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I don't imagine that Oppenhoff's family would have felt much like being warmed by her lovely grandmotherly smile in her old age... "There is, quite often, Evil to be found behind Beauty"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

But she looks sooo nice...

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast