Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you give me your opinion?

Article about: Hello all, I am new to WWII Militaria collecting. I am a beginner that really wants to dig deep and learn as much as possible and I am glad that I discovered this forum. Anyway, to the point

?

Default Can you give me your opinion?

Hello all,

I am new to WWII Militaria collecting. I am a beginner that really wants to dig deep and learn as much as possible and I am glad that I discovered this forum.

Anyway, to the point now. A friend of mine bought some years ago (he thinks it was around 2009) some maps and photographs. He is really inexperienced and got demotivated since he was scammed quite a few times (bought fakes sold as authentic) So a few days back he decided to give me some maps and a photo that he wasn't sure to be authentic.

What I wanted to kindly ask you guys/gals is if you can take a look at my photo and help me out determining if it is real or fake.

Can you give me your opinion?Can you give me your opinion?Can you give me your opinion?Can you give me your opinion?

On the back you can read "Einsender Scherl Bilderdienst". I can't read what is under that, can someone help me with it?

Under that, there is the following:
    Sprengkommandos bei der Arbeit

Alle krigswiohtigen Anlagen und Gebäude in den von unseren Truppen planmässig geräumten Gebieten im Ostem verfiele der Zerstörung durch unsere Sprengkommandos, die durch ihre grünliche Arbeit dafür sorgten, dass die Sowjets nichts hr vorfanden, was für ihre kriegsfühurung von Wert ist.

Hier sind die Männer eines Sprengkommandos dabei, Sprenkörper an die nächste für die Zerstörung vorgesehene Stelle zu transportieren

Achtung! PK-Aufnahme!

Bei Abdruck nennen:

PK-Audnahme
    Kriegsberichter Horter (SCN)
    2.11.43 J 15 866 (5385)
    Using google translate I got the following:

Blasting commands at work

All krigswiohtigen facilities and buildings in the planned areas evacuated by our troops in the eastern hemisphere would fall victim to destruction by our demolition squads who saw to work through their greenish that the Soviets vorfanden nothing hr, which is of value for their kriegsfühurung.

Here the men of demolition squads are going to move on to the next case-body intended for the destruction site

Caution! PK-recording!

For reprint call:

PK Audnahme
    Kriegsberichter hoarders (SCN)
    2.11.43 J 15 866 (5385)

-----

So can anyone help me determining if this is an authentic photo and possibly the value? I would like to give something back to my friend cause it was a cool thing to give me this photo. Also, if you have more information on Scherl Bilderdienst or on this particular photo please share it with me.

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers,
    G

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you give me your opinion?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can you give me your opinion?

An authentic war correspondent's photograph depicting a "Scorched Earth" demolitions-team in action. I see these sell from $5-$20 depending on the subject...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    An authentic war correspondent's photograph depicting a "Scorched Earth" demolitions-team in action. I see these sell from $5-$20 depending on the subject...
    cheers, Glenn
    Hello Glenn,

Thanks for that piece of information and for being so fast answering.

Cheers,
    G

I like it to.