Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Could someone help me identify the army divisions of these photographs?

Article about: This is an image of Sipo/SD unit in Russia, but not necessarily at the time of "Barbarossa." The point here is this: these men had helpers, drawn from what today are called "l

Default Re: Could someone help me identify the army divisions of these photographs?

This is an image of Sipo/SD unit in Russia, but not necessarily at the time of "Barbarossa." The point here is this: these men had helpers, drawn from what today are called "local nationals," as well as other branches of the state and party. In the first instance, such likely additional troops might have come from the police, armed forces, or other rear area echelon units, which included such things as RAD and NSKK.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS&SD%20unit%20Somewhere%20in%20Russia.jpg 
Views:	1994 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	11410  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Could someone help me identify the army divisions of these photographs?

One point of reference for our young colleague is the collar patch of these personnel, which looked like this on a black uniform worn in garrison, and worn, also, more or less prior to the outbreak of the war. The Einsatzgruppen wore various styles of grey uniform visible in the image I posted above. I cannot vouch for this uniform so pictured, it is a place holder for a uniform of its type. Colleague Hritz posted a grey uniform of this type earlier here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd13.jpg 
Views:	2094 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	11411  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12