Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dirlewanger-Oskar

Article about: Pictures of the notorious Oskar Dirlewanger don't surface that often, So I thought I'd share one with you all Just looking at him, sends shivers to the bone, He looks kinda odd

Default Dirlewanger-Oskar

Pictures of the notorious Oskar Dirlewanger don't surface that often, So I thought I'd share one with you all

Just looking at him, sends shivers to the bone, He looks kinda odd
    Last edited by John Brandon; 06-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dirlewanger-Oskar
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dirlewanger-Oskar

Here is a much nicer picture, one of my favourites

doesn't he look proud
    Last edited by John Brandon; 06-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Proud of what he's done! brrrrrr.... shivers! I dont know if I would have been more scared by him or his men!!!

?

The sad thing about Dirlewanger apart from his horrendous crimes is that he wears a Ritterkreuz which compares him to a lot of brave men who won theirs for combat fighting.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

He just looks like one of those who you would expect to see in the SS....

?

Here`s another pic of him, truly an evil person.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dirlewanger-Oskar 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

appie
    ?

What did he do that makes him so evil like you say?

Quote by appie View Post
    What did he do that makes him so evil like you say?
    Your kidding right?

General Dr. Oskar Dirlewanger was born on September 26, 1895. No matter what his historical role as a butcher on the battlefield, he was a very intelligent and apparently almost suicidal brave man
    Dirlewanger's questionable personality came to the surface in 1934 when he was convicted of molesting a young girl.Dirlewanger was instructed to recruit condemned men from the SS's penal units to flesh out the unit. By July the unit was dubbed after its already infamous commander, SS-Sonderkommando Dirlewanger and numbered 300 or so troops. The unit was sent to the eastern front and held the worst record for atrocities possibly in modern history.it combed concentration camps, POW centres, and every black hole in Hitler’s Germany and attracted the worst of the worst. During the war Dirlewanger was wounded seven times from 1940-45, always leading his band of criminals from the front.

"SS General Dr. Oskar Dirlewanger: Butcher of the Eastern Front and Leader of madmen"

Not a nice person to do business with

appie
    ?

No I wasn't kidding, just didn't know about this all. I did read that also Handschar and some other foreign divisions did some horrible things too, and where considered the worst criminals within the WSS.
    Overhere the SSis forever conected to Oradour sur Glane, and it was right here a division of Das Reich (Der Führer) started the journey up north to get to Normandie. They where bassed close to where I am, but I don't know exacly where, and there are many army basses in that area, specialy of the French foreign legion.

?

Appie the sad thing about Oradour is that 3 Kompanie Der Fuhrer in June 1944 were pretty much made up from men from the Alsace which makes it even worse
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast