Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1367

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Here ya go James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Here we go Odal, I was actually able to do it surprisingly.
    Wow Bill!
    You are sure an artist in this work!
    Much thanks for this one of my grandfathers father!
    And yes, the pic isn´t the best - but it is more than 110 years old!

?

Quote by odal View Post
    Wow Bill!
    You are sure an artist in this work!
    Much thanks for this one of my grandfathers father!
    And yes, the pic isn´t the best - but it is more than 110 years old!
    Oh yeah, still an awesome photo too! Thanks for sharing them with us

Quote by oradour View Post
    Bill....Here is the finished product, that your colourized photo is now ready to wing its way to Spain, where it will be presented to my father who lost his dad at the age of 11 in 1944, see dedication..................a big thank you for your help Bill !
    I had it professionally printed with a dedication and attached it to a copy of the Lancaster Bomber repair manual by Haynes.............
    My Grandfather was in his Lancaster over the Ruhr when it was hit by flak whilst fully laden with bombs.....so no remains........just his name on the Runnymede RAF memorial, so I think my dad will find this book with the photo and dedication kinda cool !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Bill, I presented my Dad with the book, whilst on a visit to Spain (where he lives) recently, to say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement ! A BIG THANKS BILL, FOR MAKING MY DADS 80th BIRTHDAY THAT BIT MORE SPECIAL !

Cheers ! Steve.

?

Awesome Steve! I truly appreciate you sharing the outcome, and am even more pleased that he enjoyed your excellent gift idea on his Birthday. This thread has been worth it in my books! Thanks again for the kind words and for putting a smile on my face. Sounds like you have a good Dad!

Quote by oradour View Post
    Bill, I presented my Dad with the book, whilst on a visit to Spain (where he lives) recently, to say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement ! A BIG THANKS BILL, FOR MAKING MY DADS 80th BIRTHDAY THAT BIT MORE SPECIAL !

Cheers ! Steve.
    I saw that message on a other forum , but didn't realize it was you!
    Great gift!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I recently got myself a collection of 136 WWI pic's on glass plates.
    I am not goign to ask you to colorize them all...(lol!)
    But there is one in particular plate I would like to see enchanced at the maximum, because it is the one who could shine a light about the place were most of these pic's were taken. There is a name on top of the building and it would be great to know what that name is.
    Would thise be possible to you Bill?
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I saw that message on a other forum , but didn't realize it was you!
    Great gift!
    ;-)
    |<
    Oh yes Kris, I moderate the BW,DDR and Soviet sections................
    Prost 1 Steve.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I recently got myself a collection of 136 WWI pic's on glass plates.
    I am not goign to ask you to colorize them all...(lol!)
    But there is one in particular plate I would like to see enchanced at the maximum, because it is the one who could shine a light about the place were most of these pic's were taken. There is a name on top of the building and it would be great to know what that name is.
    Would thise be possible to you Bill?
    Alrighty, I resized the image to 800dpi, but the larger I go, the worse the details get. I also tried to adjust only the detail in another program and zoom in on it, but can only slightly make out some of the letters. To the best of my ability...this is what I came up with: "_ _ _ _ ERA _ _ _STACE", I believe. The first letter could be a "J"....but I dunno. I am also wondering if the last letter could be a "K". lol Sorry, I tried!!

The only way that there would be a slight chance of a better veiw, would be to put the photo in a scanner, and try to scan only that portion of the photo at a high resolution (1200 or so). If you don't have a scanner, I know a lot of local libraries do offer use to the public. The beginning of the sign seems really jumbled/pixelated out though, so I think it is going to be a tough one Kris! I feel your pain too, as I've been in the same situation of trying to ID words in photos.
    I can give colorizing this one a shot if you'd like too....just let me know!
    (shaded the sign for a better look at the letters)

Any idea what nationality these soldiers are? The word on the sign does not seem to be in English....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."