Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 111 of 137 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1367

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Most of the collection show Belgian soldiers, mainly officers, so chances are great the name is in the French language.
    But some pic's show some British soldiers too.Things seem rather quiet on that part of the front....probably artillery positions far behind the front line....(??).
    Thanks for your efforts so far , all.
    I'll try the scanner trick, asap.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Hi Bill

Many thanks for agreeing to do this for me.

I hope the scan is sufficient.

Possibly to assist: Black hair and light grey eyes, Australian Army, 1941

Cheers
    Tim

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

?

Hope the scan turns out to be fruitful Kris! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tim, yes.....this one should be able to be colorized! I will have a go at it. Thanks for the tips on the features/etc. The eye color will be tricky, but will see what I can do.

Here is one for member Joe, which is his family related GJ portrait. It failed to send through PM, so had to post it here.

Bill - I have the utmost confidence in your abilities!

Cheers

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Hope the scan turns out to be fruitful Kris! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tim, yes.....t
    No prob, Bill!! Just need to find the pic back!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

if anyone can add color to these i know ones not military its my grandmother she died in 1958 so there are no color pictures of her thinking it would make a great christmas present for my dad to see his mom and dad in color the other 2 are my great great uncle who died at vimy ridge
    Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

?

Hi Crites, I can do a couple of them to start......because most take around 2 hours to complete each. But over time, Id be happy try to do them all for you.

Tim, here is your Dad's portrait! This one was actually tough. The edges around his uniform literally wouldn't color, but I was able to make them look decent. The saturation was off on it, like many Allied photos from the period, so that was also altered for best results.

BTW- I found 2 different ties for Australian Army. this color, and a dark green. Let me know if you'd like it changed!

i'm not in any rush the only one i really care about is the one of my grandmother and my grandfather in the mean time i'll be content watching other peoples photos come back to life

Hi Bill

I thank you so much for your efforts - I've just been looking at the photo for ages with a tear in my eye.

For some reason I think the tie should remain that colour - I'm not sure why to be honest.

I know that these are few words - but again I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tim

?

I thought so too Tim....I tried the other color, but I thought it looked better this way. And No problem, I'm glad you like the way it came out. A simple, yet very nice portrait IMO.

Here is one more US photo, that shows a seriously wounded (not deceased from what I've read) German soldat at St. Lo. US medics arriving on the scene.
    I've chosen to do a few of these photos lately, as I believe it to be a sobering reminder to us collectors, which we can sometimes lose sight of when collecting ww2 militaria.