Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 116 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1364

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Quote by Bill T View Post
    You did a good job Boris. For your next one, I would try a simple portrait without medals, but high in detail. Would be a good challenge, and I think youd like the outcome.

Pat- sent you a PM with the NYoung photo finished!

This is Werner Lorenz.....SS head of the Hauptamt Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle. (VOMI)- He was sentenced to 15 years at the Nuremberg Trials, but was released from prison in 55'.
    Source: Google Images, Bundesarchv
    Very nice outcome Bill.
    P.s. what a jovial, jolly fella
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I have a challenge for you Bill.

I know it will not be easy, (in actual fact, I would think all but impossible) but if you choose this mission, it will be appreciated.

Imagine if you can (a fog mysteriously envelopes the computer screen)....

A stark, almost surreal landscape, seemingly devoid of habitation - but we know that this is not the case.

The time - 21st April, 1918.

The place - Weisses-Loch, (a 'play' on on the Black Hole Theory) France.

Will you accept the assignment? There is no time limit on this - work on it when you are able.

Cheers
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weisses-Loch Obverse.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	594747  

?

You did a good job Boris. For your next one, I would try a simple portrait without medals, but high in detail. Would be a good challenge, and I think youd like the outcome.

Pat- sent you a PM with the NYoung photo finished!

This is Werner Lorenz.....SS head of the Hauptamt Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle. (VOMI)- He was sentenced to 15 years at the Nuremberg Trials, but was released from prison in 55'.
    Source: Google Images, Bundesarchv
    A big Thank You.

?

Quote by Allegra View Post
    I have a challenge for you Bill.

I know it will not be easy, (in actual fact, I would think all but impossible) but if you choose this mission, it will be appreciated.

Imagine if you can (a fog mysteriously envelopes the computer screen)....

A stark, almost surreal landscape, seemingly devoid of habitation - but we know that this is not the case.

The time - 21st April, 1918.

The place - Weisses-Loch, (a 'play' on on the Black Hole Theory) France.

Will you accept the assignment? There is no time limit on this - work on it when you are able.

Cheers
    Tim

HAHAHA! I don't know how I missed this Tim. I laughed through the entire message. Like you said, I think it will be impossible, but I will try... Unfortunately I think it will be kinda boring for you, as there will be a lot of the same colors. But.....yes, I accept the mission, Sir! lol
    P.s.- At first glance I thought it was Passchendael. lol But the craters and trench lines are nicely visible for an aerial photograph of the time

?

Here is one I did just messing around, but of an incredible woman, Sara Ginaite-Rubinson who was a Lithuanian Jewish Resistance fighter and member of the Anti-Fascist Fighting Organization (AFO).
    She was smuggled out of the Kovno Ghetto, in order to join the Russian Partisans, and was lucky to survive. She later became a Professor in Toronto, and traveled around speaking about the Holocaust. Even wrote a book called "Resistance and Survival: The Jewish Community in Kaunas, 19411944" which won a Canadian Book award in 2006.
    (I know the roof probably shouldn't be red, but it looked too bland w/out)

Note the Egg Grenades hanging off her belt!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sara Ginaite.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	597228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sara Ginaite copy.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	597214  

HAHAHA! I don't know how I missed this Tim. I laughed through the entire message. Like you said, I think it will be impossible, but I will try... Unfortunately I think it will be kinda boring for you, as there will be a lot of the same colors. But.....yes, I accept the mission, Sir! lol
    P.s.- At first glance I thought it was Passchendael. lol But the craters and trench lines are nicely visible for an aerial photograph of the time
    Hi Bill

I thank you greatly for taking up the gauntlet on this, though I can well believe it will be labour intensive.

As I said, there is no rush.

I don't think it will be boring, in fact just the opposite - I think it will be even more of a fascinating photograph than it already is.

Cheers

?

Recently began work with a photo, try to finish as quickly as possible and put the result on forum .

?

Tim, having a tough time trying to make it look right....but I will still post it when its done.

Meanwhile here are some I did a while ago......

SS-Ausfsherin including Ilsa Koche, if I'm not mistaken.

Name:	camp guards.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	600414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camp guards copy.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	600412  

?

Something I did personally to show how at least 2 of the LwFD's wore the standard green tabs, but still used their branch waffenfabre on the SB's.

(source: google images, Bndsarchv)

Name:	lf3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	600416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lf3 copy.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	600417  

It's been a while since I've posted but what a handsome young man.

Last edited by klassylady25; 11-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.