Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1367

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Sorry Bill I maybe pushing the buck here, here's one of my other Uncles that had to serve in the NSKK!! this one was taken in the Ukraine 43-44 just before he jumped ship and became a translator for the US Army, I also have pics of him in US uniforms. It's a very long story about him and a very lucky man he was!!!!
    ok here is the best one 45 France
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-19-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added text & pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Oh wow, those are some very neat pics Rene. I will be honest, the group pic is huge and will take me many hours to complete.....but I am willing to have a go at it for you. I don't know anything about the uniforms, so you may need to help me out there. haha Are they green like in the colorized pic? But bare with me, as I work on these big ones in numerous "sessions". It's impossible (for me anyway-ADD) to sit down and concentrate on one photo for that long, so I will most likely work on other projects in between, while I keep going back to that one. It comes out better that way so I don't rush things. Sounds like a very interesting story and is incredibly rare to see the same man in a German and then US uniform!! I really don't think I've seen that before. Very cool

If you could start by helping me try to find an example of the correct colors of the uniforms/etc for the group photo that I can go off of, I will do the same and see what we both come up with. Sound good?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Oh wow, those are some very neat pics Rene. I will be honest, the group pic is huge and will take me many hours to complete.....but I am willing to have a go at it for you. I don't know anything about the uniforms, so you may need to help me out there. haha Are they green like in the colorized pic? But bare with me, as I work on these big ones in numerous "sessions". It's impossible (for me anyway-ADD) to sit down and concentrate on one photo for that long, so I will most likely work on other projects in between, while I keep going back to that one. It comes out better that way so I don't rush things. Sounds like a very interesting story and is incredibly rare to see the same man in a German and then US uniform!! I really don't think I've seen that before. Very cool

If you could start by helping me try to find an example of the correct colors of the uniforms/etc for the group photo that I can go off of, I will do the same and see what we both come up with. Sound good?
    Cheers Bill no problem there's no rush at all Mate. Thank You
    The Dutch uniforms are pretty well the same colour as the German early M36 tunics

?

Bill, I'm not sure how full your plate is, but this picture is my favorite in my collection....it's probably pretty busy, but let me know. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Thanks again Bill I did find this shot for colour reference.

?

Aha! That is what I was looking for!! I couldn't find much, and the only ones I saw were illustrations from a book. So this will help a lot. Anything else, I will have to guess on. But I will start working on the group shot this week. Do you happen to know what color the caps were? I cant find it

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Bill, I'm not sure how full your plate is, but this picture is my favorite in my collection....it's probably pretty busy, but let me know. Thanks!
    Hey man, honestly this is a tough one, and wouldn't come out the way you'd want it to. The background is very blurry, and with the camo uniforms, that would be really tough to make it look good. Ive only tried one other ss peadot camo before, and it was a high detail photo...and still didn't come out good. haha So I stay away from doing SS camo now. Im just being honest with ya. If you have another one with better detail, Id be happy to do it for you! I could probably color in the burnt tanker alone, as a "partial colorization", which might look cool if youd like. Sorry....just not skilled enough to do peadot camo well. I will try, but I just know I wont be able to do it right.

Aha! That is what I was looking for!! I couldn't find much, and the only ones I saw were illustrations from a book. So this will help a lot. Anything else, I will have to guess on. But I will start working on the group shot this week. Do you happen to know what color the caps were? I cant find it
    Cheers Bill, don't forget to take your time as there is no rush. With the caps, I'd go with the same colour

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Welcome to the thread Librarius. Very good results with your colorisation
    Thank you. Information on it:
    Knoche, Kurt Heinz
    15th June 1920 in Hamburg
    SS Nr 378890
    Ostuf. - Adj.SS-Pz.GR.39 - Feb 1945
    Ustuf. - 4./SS-Pz.GR.40 - Nov 1943 (4. Kompanie I. Bataillon SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 40)
    Rttf. - SS-Pz.GR.10 - Mar 1942

Regards, Lib13

?

Alright Rene, I started by restoring the original scan. So I will post that first

I think I have finally finished. Took a long time to complete, but I think I got everything close enough. haha If I am missing something here, please let me know. I figured out that the sidecaps had a gold piping on them. and the officers kepis were quite colorful! Learned a lot doing this project, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??