Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 130 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1364

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Bill, there is no question, you are very talented mate!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Alright Rene, I started by restoring the original scan. So I will post that first

I think I have finally finished. Took a long time to complete, but I think I got everything close enough. haha If I am missing something here, please let me know. I figured out that the sidecaps had a gold piping on them. and the officers kepis were quite colorful! Learned a lot doing this project, thanks!
    Ahhh F'ing FANTASTIC what can I say? Thank you for the work and time done! If I may I'll send this to the remnants of my family over there in NL

?

Thank you guys. Rene, glad you like it. Im not sure why their lips aren't showing up!!? I did each and everyone of their lips and it seems they aren't coming up. Maybe its just my computer. If not, let me know and I will brighten them. Hope your fam likes it too!. Will work on the others as well for you

?

check out what the officers caps look like in real life! I tried my best to capture the correct colors lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

?

One I did for an outsider, Father in early RAF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZMKwZp.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	758654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZMKwZp copy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	758653  

Bill, these are terrific mate, the photos just come to life after you've been at them. This is a great thread and I really enjoy seeing your efforts, well done cobber!

?

haha cobber! I love it! Youre the best and thanks for the compliments....like I always say, it makes it worth the time to do them!

I really do need to get back to doing the German ones, unless I open another thread in the Allied section

Hi Bill, you really do a great job with the images mate! Could you please have a go at these two for me, it would be most appreciated. Thanks, Leon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	758665Name:  a3.PNG
Views: 270
Size:  252.4 KB
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gruner 2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	758689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gruner 2 copyfinak.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	758688

This is Major Georg Gruner of Panzer Regiment 33 He later earned the DkiG and Knights Cross w/ Oaks. This is a photo from my collection, and was taken around 1940 before he even earned his EKI! He was unfortunately killed in the Korsun-Cherkassy Pocket. I wrote a letter to RKT Ludwig Bauer a couple years back and he was able to identify the man on the left as Luetnant Ilkow, who was previously of Panzer Rgt 3, but was transferred to I./Paner Rgt 33....same as Gruner.

Here is another Pic of Gruner w/ his KC and Oaks

Hi Leon, Sure thing. I got a couple of Renes ahead of yours, but will certainly do em!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grüner, Georg - Major1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	758877  
    Last edited by Bill T; 10-30-2014 at 01:12 AM.

One of the best threads on the forum!!

Great work !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem