Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Man, I would love to look into him a bit more. But it was tough to even find much about him online unfortunately. His awards are just incredible. Sounds like he actually truly earned them as a soldier as well.
    Sorry to ask another question, but Do you happen to know what his rank was when he took out the Sherman? I tried to look it up, but was unsuccesful. Seems he was part of almost every battle/campaign in the whole war. Pretty amazing he survived. One tough man!
    Its nice to hear that you are still in contact with his son too.
    As far as i can recall he was a Hauptmann when he destroyed the Sherman but i'll have to check to confirm !! Like many of the unsung RKT's of the wehrmacht he wasn't a big name a bit like Londonjays avatar photo Helmut Wandmaker another highly decorated RKT / NKSiG !!

The only books that feature Helmut are the histories of the 29 (Mot ) Inf Div or he features in Florian Bergers book " The Face of Courage " as does Wandmaker !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Eric, Here is the USAAF portrait.
    This is the only background that "worked". The orignal photo itself is most likely old and showing its age, so when I tried a colored background, it looked like swiss cheese. Hope you like it. Did my best on the DUI. Also, I have seen a few different colored undershirts that go with these uniforms, but I left this one white as it looked very light in the original pic. Let me know if you would like anything changed!
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    As far as i can recall he was a Hauptmann when he destroyed the Sherman but i'll have to check to confirm !! Like many of the unsung RKT's of the wehrmacht he wasn't a big name a bit like Londonjays avatar photo Helmut Wandmaker another highly decorated RKT / NKSiG !!

The only books that feature Helmut are the histories of the 29 (Mot ) Inf Div or he features in Florian Bergers book " The Face of Courage " as does Wandmaker !!
    good to know Paul. Awesome to hear a Hauptmann was not afraid to be "in the thick of it" with the front line truppe, unlike some. It makes you wonder why Helmut wasnt one of the more popular names? He definitely had a more than active career from what I have gathered so far. Thanks for the reference title too.

BTW PAT - yours is up next, I havent forgot about ya my friend!

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??I have been inspired by your work Bill so I started coloring a few myself Ive been working on a few that are proving to be difficult but here is one of my friends father. Please share any comments or things that I could improve on ,and great job hopefully I can do some like yours eventually... -Ben

Here is the originalDo you have a special photo you want colorized??

It came out well AmericanKraut
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Eric, Here is the USAAF portrait.
    This is the only background that "worked". The orignal photo itself is most likely old and showing its age, so when I tried a colored background, it looked like swiss cheese. Hope you like it. Did my best on the DUI. Also, I have seen a few different colored undershirts that go with these uniforms, but I left this one white as it looked very light in the original pic. Let me know if you would like anything changed!
    Thanks, Bill! It looks awesome and I wouldn't change a thing about it! Also, thanks for the info on the free software; I'll have to give it a try although I'm afraid of how consumed I might get with it!

Any chance of obtaining a full size version of the photo? I tried clicking to enlarge however it won't. I could give you my email if it is easier to send it that way.

Let me know and thanks again!

Eric

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Thanks, Bill! It looks awesome and I wouldn't change a thing about it! Also, thanks for the info on the free software; I'll have to give it a try although I'm afraid of how consumed I might get with it!

Any chance of obtaining a full size version of the photo? I tried clicking to enlarge however it won't. I could give you my email if it is easier to send it that way.

Let me know and thanks again!

Eric
    Hi Eric, glad you like it. Im not sure why the photos are not "clickable to enlarge"?? That happened to another photot I colorized recently. I didnt even crop this one either....so I will have to try the resizing program that was shared above. I can also send it to your email, as it probly will workt there. Shoot me ur address in a PM if youd like!
    -Bill

PAT- here is yours. Nothing too fancy here, but tried to add as much color as possible for ya. Hope it is what you were thinking of
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  Do you have a special photo you want colorized?? 

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Do you have a special photo you want colorized??I have been inspired by your work Bill so I started coloring a few myself Ive been working on a few that are proving to be difficult but here is one of my friends father. Please share any comments or things that I could improve on ,and great job hopefully I can do some like yours eventually... -Ben
    Good job Ben! You are on your way to getting it down, for sure. A handful more for practice, and you will have it. I suggest experimenting with the "tools". Like the polygonal lasso, the "sponge" for desaturation and saturation,etc etc. Also, one trick to help make colors more realistic....... go over to the right side of the screen and you will see the column "layers".......now find the word "normal" and click it and switch it to "soft light". go ahead and do your coloring using the "soft light" tone, and then mess with the opacity levels after completing each layer. good luck, and keep it up! feel free to share your work here

?

Chris, I downloaded a resizing program.....hope it worked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Page 24 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast