Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

These two portraits belong to a mate of mine, if you can do anything with them, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    from my collection-----Panzer-Grenadier
    Ive always liked this portrait for some reason
    Super Panzer-Grenadier portrait Bill

My latest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Very nice.....I must admit I didn't think a great deal of colourisation, but seeing your work, they do bring a new life to the photos...

May I ask how much of what you are able to do is guess work??! Meaning is there any information in the shades of the BW photos that give you a hint to th colour, or is the programme you use able to detect colours

Thanks AMTG!

The BW photos still has all the shades and shadows, therefor you only need one color (Kind of a transparent layer in a way) on lets say the uniform, and the shades and shadows will do the lighting.
    All the colors are done manually to get the right color, using different methods and with some luck you can get some realistic looking photos.
    I use my original ww2 collectibles and ww2 reference books to get the color I want, just compering buy looking.

Best regards from Norway

One of you photos AMTG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    from my collection-----Panzer-Grenadier
    Ive always liked this portrait for some reason

The waffenfabre isnt coming out right when posted on the forum lately. It looks completely different on my computer.....I wonder why?
    Bro how do you know that he is a panzer grenadier? Is it written on the reverse?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    My latest
    Excellent ss photo and colorization Leander.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks Chris!

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    May I ask how much of what you are able to do is guess work??! Meaning is there any information in the shades of the BW photos that give you a hint to th colour, or is the programme you use able to detect colours
    Honestly this is the part where trying to study uniforms comes in handy. The program doesnt do anything, so you need to figure it out. Like on the British photos, I really had no clue where to start for these particular uniforms....so I searched online until I thouhgt I had found the correct match. Then the hardest part is to try and get the colors to look correctly on the image. Some photos are darker, so you need to play with a bunch of different colors to try and get the right one. Some come out very realistic, others do not. Photo quality is really key

Nice job on that one Leander! I will give AMTG's other one a go

Page 27 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast