Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Candy,

I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I made a trip to my grandmother's. I decided to bring along my laptop to show her the colorization you did...

As we sat at her kitchen table, she seemed rather confused. She had no idea what I was about to show her. When I turned on the laptop and brought up the photo you worked on, her eyes lit up and a huge smile appeared on her face. She exclaimed: "Oh my God! That's my daddy!" She said the picture is exactly how she remembered him the last time she saw him late in the war. It really was an amazing moment... Sadly, my grandma has been losing it lately. Her short term memory is slipping and she has become scatter brained. For a good half an hour last night, your photo helped bring my Omi back to her old self. Thank you.

She said that your colorization is perfect, and that nothing should be changed. She asked me to make multiple copies for her, her brother Edmund, and her sisters Tonya and Helen. When I present her with a copies, I will be sure to document the moment.

Candy, Thank you so much!
    No, thank you for sharing this wonderful story. It touched my heart deeply. I do understand about your Omi's condition, as I have had a loved one in that place. Their past memories are remarkable. Before my father-in-law passed, I learned that he boxed as a feather weight. We never knew that but, it was confirmed by his Aunt.

Memories lost cannot be replaced. Cherish the moments.

Candy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Thanks a bunch Candy. Can't wait to see the result.

Regards, Lars
    So much history was made during this time. My father served in WWII, too.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Candy,

I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I made a trip to my grandmother's. I decided to bring along my laptop to show her the colorization you did...

As we sat at her kitchen table, she seemed rather confused. She had no idea what I was about to show her. When I turned on the laptop and brought up the photo you worked on, her eyes lit up and a huge smile appeared on her face. She exclaimed: "Oh my God! That's my daddy!" She said the picture is exactly how she remembered him the last time she saw him late in the war. It really was an amazing moment... Sadly, my grandma has been losing it lately. Her short term memory is slipping and she has become scatter brained. For a good half an hour last night, your photo helped bring my Omi back to her old self. Thank you.

She said that your colorization is perfect, and that nothing should be changed. She asked me to make multiple copies for her, her brother Edmund, and her sisters Tonya and Helen. When I present her with a copies, I will be sure to document the moment.

Candy, Thank you so much!

Thats what it's all about right there! Nice job Candy.

?

gf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

one I did really quickly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    So much history was made during this time. My father served in WWII, too.

This is really nicely made Candy. Hugo has a special place in especially my wife's heart. She made a interview with him 3 months before he died. We still have contact with his wife Ursula. We will send her the pic you made. Now, i don't want to stretch my luck too much, but could you do another one for us please?

This is a special pic because it shows Cossack "Wehrmacht" officers, among them Hugo, wearing Waffen-SS Camouflage. A very rare pic indeed. Or the one of Hugo and his beloved horse, if the first pic is too difficult.

Best regards, Lars

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    gf
    Very nice Bill Maybe you would like to experiment with one of the pics i posted below to Candy? Explanation goes with them. Wonder how you guys do this??? I hope it's not too much work

Best regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    This is really nicely made Candy. Hugo has a special place in especially my wife's heart. She made a interview with him 3 months before he died. We still have contact with his wife Ursula. We will send her the pic you made. Now, i don't want to stretch my luck too much, but could you do another one for us please?

This is a special pic because it shows Cossack "Wehrmacht" officers, among them Hugo, wearing Waffen-SS Camouflage. A very rare pic indeed. Or the one of Hugo and his beloved horse, if the first pic is too difficult.

Best regards, Lars

Just love that shot of the Heer Officers Crushers and SS Camo , those amonst the collecting fraternity who insist that " Regulations were always followed " should study photos such as this !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Just love that shot of the Heer Officers Crushers and SS Camo , those amonst the collecting fraternity who insist that " Regulations were always followed " should study photos such as this !!
    I love it too, and that's why it could be very nice indeed to "freshen" it up a bit. I actually wonder how the could wear this camo, and how they got it. According to regulations it should be stricktly for the WAFFEN- SS!

?

that certainly is a superb photo and uniform study! Absolutely love the crushers too!! Even better is that your wife was able to have a sit-down with Hugo. That must have been interesting to say the least

to be honest, Im a bit intimidated to colorize this one......but I will give it a try. (camo is not easy to colorize, for me anyway)

Page 46 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast