Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Thanks a lot Bill. We have long video interview with him as well. I fully understand you are intimidated by the pic. I don't have much insight on how you do this, but there is a lot of details in this pic. Looking forward to see what can be done with it.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    This is really nicely made Candy. Hugo has a special place in especially my wife's heart. She made a interview with him 3 months before he died. We still have contact with his wife Ursula. We will send her the pic you made. Now, i don't want to stretch my luck too much, but could you do another one for us please?

This is a special pic because it shows Cossack "Wehrmacht" officers, among them Hugo, wearing Waffen-SS Camouflage. A very rare pic indeed. Or the one of Hugo and his beloved horse, if the first pic is too difficult.

Best regards, Lars

Attachment 349789

Attachment 349790

So much to learn of history. How better than to work on photos like these.

Just an update, folks...

I got the photo that Candy colorized printed up at 12"x8". Tomorrow I will get a nice frame for it and present it to my Omi. I have also printed a copy for all of my Grandma's siblings. Finally, I printed out a copy for myself that I plan to frame along with an SD collar tab.

?

Well, I almost didnt post this......

I'm not too happy with the outcome, and just as I thought...I couldnt get the camo colors correct, or even to where I thought they were acceptable. Sorry bout that, but just wanted you to know that I did give it a try as promised!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

?

It's not bad at all Bill, but as a "pro" having pride in your work you might feel different. Anyway it put a lot more life in the pic than B/W. The pic itself is not very big either. I think it looks cool and i thank you for your time and effort my friend

Regards, Lars

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks to all who helped make this possible!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Well, I almost didnt post this......

I'm not too happy with the outcome, and just as I thought...I couldnt get the camo colors correct, or even to where I thought they were acceptable. Sorry bout that, but just wanted you to know that I did give it a try as promised!
    I'm glad that you did. You don't get better by not working it. I love the colors. I too, am working on it and now I have an example. You're not kidding about the cammo. I had to look it up using Waffen-SS Camouflage. Thank goodness it was posted! I've got the horse picture too. I just love horses!!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Thanks to all who helped make this possible!
    Thank you for sharing your story and the ending of that story. Hugs, C

?

Awesome Joe and Candy!! Congrats on making her smile, thats great.

Thanks Lars, I guess you're right....it brought some color to the b/w photo if not anything else! But Im still blown away by the image itself, im really glad that you shared it along with the others and the story.

Thanks, guys! It really was a very cool experience! I framed a copy for my grandma, and gave extra copies to her brother and two sisters.

I also learned that my Great Grandfather actually had Nazi insignia on his cap... It was scratched out by my Omi's brother when they made it to the USA.

Page 47 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast