Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    I'm glad that you did. You don't get better by not working it. I love the colors. I too, am working on it and now I have an example. You're not kidding about the cammo. I had to look it up using Waffen-SS Camouflage. Thank goodness it was posted! I've got the horse picture too. I just love horses!!
    Can't wait to see the outcome Candy

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

I've been out of pocket but a friend asked if I could help with a couple of pictures.

This young man made it all the way through the service only to meet his end in a house explosion.

One Dead After House Explodes Near Bozeman - News Story - NBCMontana NBC Montana

My friend was friends with the man and his wife. The wife was away when the accident happened.

Christine has been asked to help restore as many pictures as she can and in turn asked if I could help. I had to say yes.

Sometimes putting someone back together is a challenge.

Last edited by klassylady25; 05-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.

I also had a project going for Operation Photo Rescue. I wanted to share it with you.

The certificate could not be removed from the frame without further damage so it was scanned as you see.

The administrators then cropped the certificate out of the frame.

This is the final outcome of the restoration.
    Last edited by klassylady25; 05-25-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Hugo - Cossack "Wehrmacht" officers

Excellant job all around Candy!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Excellent job all around Candy!
    Ralph.
    Thank you.

?

Yes, very nice jobs Candy. I also like your "camo work"! I know it wasnt easy

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Yes, very nice jobs Candy. I also like your "camo work"! I know it wasnt easy
    The camo was interesting. I actually found sources for it. I like this one in particular:Leistandarte-SS Adolf Hitler Regiment - Waffen SS - Sepp Dietrich

As for translating that camo into a restoration/colorization.... that was a challenge and one that I didn't do justice. I am afraid. I will continue to work on it, though. I have often found that people that do this kind of work, are our own hardest critics. Right Bill?

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    The camo was interesting. I actually found sources for it. I like this one in particular:Leistandarte-SS Adolf Hitler Regiment - Waffen SS - Sepp Dietrich

As for translating that camo into a restoration/colorization.... that was a challenge and one that I didn't do justice. I am afraid. I will continue to work on it, though. I have often found that people that do this kind of work, are our own hardest critics. Right Bill?
    Candy, I understand what you and Bill are saying. I do not study SS camo and found this project to be quite a challenge. There are three different kinds of camo in this diorama. I do not do colorization of photos, I do things like this instead.
    Ralph.
    Small SS Diorama
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Candy, I understand what you and Bill are saying. I do not study SS camo and found this project to be quite a challenge. There are three different kinds of camo in this diorama. I do not do colorization of photos, I do things like this instead.
    Ralph.
    Small SS Diorama
    WoW!! That takes things to another level. I can see where the challenges come into place. Are the figures all hand painted?

Candy

Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast